Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where'd Sega go?

1. Sweat Where'd Sega go?

I might be alone here, but it feels like Sega's dropped off the face of the earth. It seems like they put out such a small amount of games anymore, and then what they do put out is remarkably mediocre. What happened to the Sega that put out all those great Dreamcast games?

2. Your Sega is always in the last place you look.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Yeah, it seems like they don't put out anything anymore, yet during the Dreamcast era they shat out innovative, awesome games every damn month :/ Astro Boy: Omega Factor and Otogi are the kinds of things I expected a constant stream of when they went third party, and they weren't even responsible for those two. Smilebit (or whatever they're called now) and AM2 seem like the only teams Sega has left that still know how to program an impressive piece of code.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Smilebit (or whatever they're called now) and AM2 seem like the only teams Sega has left that still know how to program an impressive piece of code.
    You mentioned the team that made Jet Set Radio Future, the worst game ever, and neglected to mention Amusement Visions. You lose.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

5. Quote Originally Posted by Kano On The Phone
    You mentioned the team that made Jet Set Radio Future, the worst game ever, and neglected to mention Amusement Visions. You lose.
    Amusement Vision. You lose.

6. on TNL, everybody loses!

7. Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    on TNL, everybody loses!
    That should be TNL's slogan.

"Welcome to TNL. You lost."

I think I heard a flushing noise. You might want to check there.

9. Damn these are some golden replies.

10. ...and the thread has yet to have a single relevant comment about the subject matter. *sigh*

Sega's DC era games were mostly quite good, but too many were "niche" games with less mainstream appeal than needed to push a fledgling/struggling console. Not everyone "gets" JSR, Shenmue, or Seaman.

Sega of today is pretty much chaos, as no one really knows what, if any, future they have as a company. The fact that Sammy is in charge compounds the matter.

Sega may not even be a games company soon...