Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Bad It's Good

1. So Bad It's Good

Picked up Blaster Master: Blasting Again a couple days ago. Sat down to play it, and right of the bat (for gameplay, I'm so used to bad FMV on PS and Saturn games it doesn't bug me that much) I had problems with it. Controls are sloppy-loose (rather like the first, though, probably how I learned to deal with it), graphics have horrible draw-in and look like crap, the camera gets the job done, but isn't very good and there's no free-look (and kinda sucks in the Roddy alone levels), there's two music tracks (I think there might be boss music as well, which brings that up to three), and there's loading for every single room. Gets ridiculous when I spend more time loading rooms then I do actually in them, cutscenes need loading (even if they take place in the same room), and even the "Game Over" screen has to load.

But I love it. I love this game, it's a blast to play, and I really enjoy it! Somehow, despite the fact that every aspect taken alone is horrid and pathetic, I really like it. Maybe it's the old-school style method of forced gameplay, maybe it's the bosses (I've only fought the first boss, but the whole specific pattern-based action style of fighting was insanely fun for me, almost nostalgic), I don't know what, but it's a blast for me. And it only took me until halfway through the second level to figure out that those giant blue glowing squares were save points.

I know you guys have some similar games, games that seem (or mostly are) total crap, and somehow are still, under all that crap, fun as hell. Bust out some loving!

2. I love the game too, the camera is infuriating and the loadtimes are irritating to no end, but man, it is still fun as hell to play

Next up on the bargain bin purchase list: The Italian Job
    omg TNL epics!

3. The Simpsons Wrestling was 100% crap, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it for the two hours or so my roommate and I spent playing it.

Flanders's special attacks are just hilarious.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. I guess Simpsons Road Rage had enough Simpsoniness to it to make it good for two hours' worth of play, although I wasn't really revelling in its badness - just trying to hear all the Simpsons quotes before the gameplay began to make me retch.

I've said it before and I will say it many times over

Best of the Best (SNES)

By the way, as much as I talk about this title, has anyone played it other than me?

6. Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm. It has so many issues, yet I can overlook them just to take in the environments and atmosphere. Its obvious work was put into it, just not enough.

Johnny Guest
    Max Steel on Dreamcast is enjoyable despite the lousy license. It's got a real cheap feeling, but it's good for those times when you don't want to think.

8. The Divide: Enemies Within on PSX. Crappy framerate, weird camera, low-res/low poly everything, it was just butt-ulgy in every way. Yet it was an awesome game. Basically, it was a 3D Metroid. It had that same creepy "all alone on an alien planet" atmosphere, huge environments that you had to explore, upgrades to your armor that made you more powerful, gave you new weapons, and gave you abilities that opened up new areas of the planet to explore. Very, very cool game.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. For a week I was totally hooked on Wolfchild on Sega CD. I mean, I would play this over and over again. And I thought the game sucked.

10. Originally posted by amerlop
    I've said it before and I will say it many times over

Best of the Best (SNES)

By the way, as much as I talk about this title, has anyone played it other than me?
    Not sure if I've played the SNES version or not, but I know for sure I've played the Genesis version a ton. I used to rent that game all the time because I just thought it was so fun modifying moves and stuff. My friend owned it later on in the systems life too.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com