Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat: Deception

1. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    Given the choice, I'd rather play MK4.
    Dood, I'm a big MK fan, but I'd rather play MK: Special Forces than MK4. Gawd that game was garbage.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Why did you italicize the word "people?"
    I was implying that people that like MK are somehow different or less significant.

I loved MK1, 2, and to a certain extent 3...but the new games just plain suxor.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    I was implying that people that like MK are somehow different or less significant.
    That's what I thought.

I loved MK1, 2, and to a certain extent 3...but the new games just plain suxor.
    YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Dood, I'm a big MK fan, but I'd rather play MK: Special Forces than MK4. Gawd that game was garbage.
    MK 4 wasn't bad at all.

And Regus, I can see where you're coming from, but it really is worth a shot. Especially to see how all the character endings resolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. WARNING: This post has nothing to do with MK: D!!!

Well, I just completed Tao Feng with both the Pale Lotus and the Black Mantis sects. Outside of the end boss being rediculously cheap, I had a good time with the game. So good, in fact, I ordered it from the retail site. The game is cool, and the whole "Metro-China" thing is neat. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. wait a sec no goro? how could noob kill goro h dont even have a storyline man. so how bout sektor n meat? will they be in it?

6. Wow, could it be that Mortal Kombat is becoming a good series again?

I liked DA, and if this one only improves on the formula, then great. All I ask is that they ditch the dial-a-combos and make a combo system that allows for some flexibility and creativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. Midway is putting MK 1-2 (possibly 3) on the Arcade Treasures volume 2. As psyched as I am about it, I would like to have seen the original MK games be unlockables in Deception (with online play).

With all the retro MK stuff in the Krypt of MKDA, there seems to be far fewer goodies that could be in Decaption's Krypt (assuming there will be one).

Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    Wow, could it be that Mortal Kombat is becoming a good series again?
    I'm not sure it was ever good. I prefer to say it was fun. There is a difference.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    With all the retro MK stuff in the Krypt of MKDA, there seems to be far fewer goodies that could be in Decaption's Krypt (assuming there will be one).
    There is no Krypt, so you assume incorrectly! All of the unlockables have to be found in Konquest Mode.

I'm not sure it was ever good. I prefer to say it was fun. There is a difference.
    Mortal Kombat is good and fun! Blasphemer!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Mortal Kombat is good and fun! Blasphemer!
    I disagree. Street Fighter II is good and fun, as is VF4. MK was never a SF or a VF, but is fun to boot.

I'd say that MK isn't bad by a long shot (even MK4). Hell, I spent an hour playing MK Gold last night.

Fight For Life = bad and not fun

MK = not bad and fun

VF4/SF/etc = good and fun

What a worthless post I just made

10. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    did pressing up to turn around feel unnatural?
    yeah i tried that game once........make me vomit. but my buddy INSISTED it was great......as he died over and over, and subsequentally broke his controller.