Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat: Deception

1. Quote Originally Posted by DArque Bishop

2) It's actually like the old game Archon. Once a piece moves into a space occupied by another, the game switches to a standard fighting round, and the winner takes that square.
    Didn't NeoZeedeater say he really liked Archon a lot? Pretty cool addition right there.

I'm interested in this. I enjoyed Deadly Alliance.

2. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    I remember when they left scorpion out of MK3 till ultimate edition came around. You could imagine how some MK diehards felt at the time.
    Actually, I'm one of the MK diehards you mentioned, so I don't have to imagine.

I was pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. I knew there had to be one onboard.

They kept his spear in, but why the hell did they take out his teleport? I used to have a good counter doing that.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. Scorpion was the best character in the whole MK universe until MK3 reared it's ugly, deformed, no Scorpion having face. I still liked the game, but is definitely the worst of the series. The new character stock, with little exception, was a joke, the Fatalities were so outrageous that I never even liked preforming them, the run button was an alright addition, and the combo system was a joke. Sindel was one of the only new characters worth anything in the game (thank God for her return! ), and the rest was just crap.

MK3 single handedly destroyed the franchise base. It went from super dark and gory, to no more than a tongue in cheek poke at popular culture and the media coverage of the video game medium.

Blech!

Mortal Kombat 4 did much to restore the franchise to it's former glory, but something was still amiss. MK: DA totally redeemed the series, and I'm very glad it did.

And to get back on topic: Scorpion was missing in only a single incarnation of the series. The one that sucked the MK mythos into the bowels of Hell. Funny, eh? You'd think Scorpion would be right at home in all that hellfire.

And I can't for the life of me reason why they got rid of his teleport.

MK Team: "Guess what guys! We got rid of Scorpion!"
    Us: "WTF, you assholes!"
    MK Team: "Oh. You . . . you mean you don't like that?"
    Us: "No, jerkoff, we don't like it."
    MK Team: "Well, OK then! We'll bring him back, but we'll give him the lamest combos in the game, and we'll take out his extremely worth while move, the teleport punch! What do you think now, smarty?!"
    Us: "We hate you."
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. MK Team: "Guess what guys! We got rid of Scorpion!"
    Us: "WTF, you assholes!"
    MK Team: "Oh. You . . . you mean you don't like that?"
    Us: "No, jerkoff, we don't like it."
    MK Team: "Well, OK then! We'll bring him back, but we'll give him the lamest combos in the game, and we'll take out his extremely worth while move, the teleport punch! What do you think now, smarty?!"
    Us: "We hate you."
    My thoughts exactly. They also changed sub's slide to a shoulder ram and removed his ice shower.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

6. I never was too fond of the ice shower, but killing his slide was totally uncalled for. An attack that used to hit low now hits mid, and all of a sudden his game is way off. Crap! I declare shenanigans!

7. I want to know how Ermac is going to play. Kenshi seems to me like he has the move set that Ermac would had he been in Deadly Alliance. So in risk of just being a clone, I bet he'll just have his green fireball. And perhaps the teleport punch?
    Ermac and Noob Saibot will be the first characters I play as when I get my hands on a copy.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

8. I dunno why you'd complain about them changing characters' moves... In my eyes, that makes you have to re-learn the game (and thusly makes it worth playing, because it's something new), unlike say Street Fighter or KOF where characters' moves are changed seldomly and you end up playing the same god damn game over and over and over again with different graphics and music.

9. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    I dunno why you'd complain about them changing characters' moves... In my eyes, that makes you have to re-learn the game (and thusly makes it worth playing, because it's something new), unlike say Street Fighter or KOF where characters' moves are changed seldomly and you end up playing the same god damn game over and over and over again with different graphics and music.
    Characters should also maintain how they play, either argument is vaild I suppose.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    Ermac and Noob Saibot will be the first characters I play as when I get my hands on a copy.
    Assuming you don't have to unlock them.

I'll be using Sindel, straight up. She's my most favorite MK character, ever.

Well, maybe not ever, but I do think she's the bee's knees.