Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a DC Boot disc

1. I need a DC Boot disc

I lost my DC boot disc that had the VGA patch. I still have the older boot disc, but it won't let me play all of my games through VGA.

Actually, I know there was some trick to making the damn thing work, involving swapping discs and turining on the monitor at just the right time, but damned if I remember how to do it.

Anyone know where I can find what I need?

2. download the utopia disc. not that hard.

3. Utopia 1.1 doesnt support VGA, and I can't find anyplace to download Utopia 1.2 (which isn't an official release, hence it's harder to find status).

Thanks for your help though.

4. GameShark CDX.

5. Gameshark supports VGA? You're sure of this?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Gameshark supports VGA? You're sure of this?
    Yes, I can back this up. I used it to play Ikaruga and Cosmic Smash all the time on my monitor.

[edit] I actually used the Gameshark disc that came with a memory card but I think they're both the same thing, it's just that the CDX is cheaper and doesn't come with the card.

7. Well, it doesn't matter because I don't have one.

8. you can download a gs disc as well. or if you already have a disc (which it seemed like you do but dont know how the swap is done) normally you keep the monitor turned off until about halfway thru the dc bios bootup drippy splash noise and then turn it on. thats what ive done anyway with the original utopia disc.

9. Ok, I'll try it out. Thanks.

10. Yeah, you can download the GameShark CDX booter. It's basically as easy to find as the Utopia disc.