Page 1 of 46 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat: Deception

1. Mortal Kombat: Deception

Yes, I know there's another thread about MK: D, but it isn't official, so nyah!

I just got the new PSM in the mail, and they did a ten page spread on this game, and it looks fantastic.

Returning combatants include: Night Wolf, Sindel (YAY! ), Ermac, Noob Saibot, and most characters from DA, not to mention those already released (IE Baraka and Mileena).

Oh, and that Shredder type character? It's just one of Sub-Zero's new costumes.

There is much new hotness in this installment of everyone's favorite fighting franchise (shut-up, assholes!), like new Super Puzzle Fighter and Archon type minigames (which are deep enough to stand on their own, or so it has been said), the return of multiple Fatalities (YAY! ), areana Death Traps (which kill off oponents instantly), interactive arenas the likes of which no one has ever seen, and an all new Konquest Mode.

The Konquest Mode in particular has me extremely excited, as it's an adventure game wherein you train your charater (whose name and appearence you customize) to kick ass, all the while exploring the world and uncovering secrets. Time plays a big part in this, too, as Sub-Zero might show up at the dojo every now and again, but only at certain times of the day, or on certain days out of a week. While exploring, you'll run into every single character who's ever made an appearence in any Mortal Kombat Game ever. That's just freaking cool. These characters will train you in new techniques and such.

When all is said and done, and the Konquest Mode conquered, you can then import your custom character, with his own fighting styles that you customize, into the other game modes and use him to whoop that ass.

And every mode of gameplay is online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. Is Kano in the game?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    ...interactive arenas the likes of which no one has ever seen, and an all new Konquest Mode.
    How so?

Did Kano call anyone up and tell them if he's going to be a selectable character or an unlockable one?

4. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Is Kano in the game?
    He was too busy making phone calls to take the time to appear in the game.
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

5. Quote Originally Posted by DArque Bishop
    He was too busy making phone calls to take the time to appear in the game.
    LIES!

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. You forgot this...

New characters include an armored warrior named Hotaru, and the mysterious white-clad woman in the trailer, called Ashrah
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. I hope Jade is in there, along with that chick from 4 (the one dressed in yellow).

Any chance we'll be seeing Goro, Kintoro, or Motaro in this one?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

8. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    I hope Jade is in there, along with that chick from 4 (the one dressed in yellow).

Any chance we'll be seeing Goro, Kintoro, or Motaro in this one?
    No word on Jade or Tanya, though Jade's more likely considering she's a more popular character.

As for the big three... I don't know about Motaro, but Goro and Kintaro are dead. (Goro was killed by Noob Saibot just before MK: Deadly Alliance, and Kintaro was vaporized by Raiden during MKII, according to canon.)

Also, a few screens are up at http://www.worthplaying.com/article....thread&order=0 , though I don't care for the fact that you can't see the full-size images until you turn off pop-up blocking.
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

9. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    While exploring, you'll run into every single character who's ever made an appearence in any Mortal Kombat Game ever. That's just freaking cool. These characters will train you in new techniques and such.
    You know what would be hilariously cool? If "Bones", the super hidden MK1 character, made an appearance to train you. Bones is the guy hanging on the wall in Goro's Lair.

10. Xbox 360 I

Sub-Zero has become..The Shredder!