Thread: Jedi Starfighter: Surprisingly Good

1. Jedi Starfighter: Surprisingly Good

I'm pretty excited about Episode II's upcoming release, so I rented this one for a day.

I didn't expect much going in, but overall the game was quite enjoyable. I only played the first five missions, but from what I saw they were quite well designed and exciting. My favorite is the one where you have to protect the planetary spaceport from the missile barrage -- it was sort of like playing "Missile Command" in a spaceship.

Control was a mixed bag. I liked the Jedi ship the best; it handled a lot like the A-Wing (my personal favorite Star Wars craft). Nym's ship, the Havoc, wasn't that much fun to use. The control scheme was okay, but I disliked the dual analog stick setup. Using a second stick to roll just feels odd to me; I would have preferred an X-Wing style setup in which you press a button and move the stick to roll.

I loved all the unlockable bonuses. The Tie Fighter was great and handled just right. The multiplayer options look like fun -- has anyone tried them? Does the screen get choppy? I would buy this game for the multiplayer and the unlockables alone, I think.

More elaborate opinions would be appreciated.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. *bump*

C'mon, hasn't anybody played this game?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood