Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [EDIT]Twin Galaxies legendary players. Even a pic of EGM Publisher at 16 y/o.

1. Quote Originally Posted by fraggler
    I was playing out my GBA's Namco Museum's Pole Position for the past few days, turning the games physics and such into a science, eventually beating it and trying for a higher and higher score. That's the beauty of these games.

I wanted to see what the highest score for Pole Position was, for fun...
    As most of you probably know, Twin Galaxies is a world famous arcade who keeps the "official" high scores on a wide range of games. It's where the perfect arcade Pac-Man game was played, and their tournaments make way to insane gaming for thurst of high scores.

If you haven't recently, stop by their site and read some of the news:
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/cgi-perl/breaking_news.pl

They speak of a 2 BILLION high score on NES Pac-Man. And someone who beat Super Mario Brothers for the NES in 5:17, shaving three seconds off the previous record. In one article they speak of a guy in 1984 who played a single Nibbler game for over 44 hours scoring the first high score over 1 Billion.

This is what, to me, gaming is all about. I love that spirit. I must goto Twin Galaxies and soak up the atmosphere. They're having a competition there for a set of 80's arcade games on March 20th. If you want to see some insane stuff, check it out and let us know how it went! Twin Galaxies, best arcade on Earth!

P.S. I scored 56,340 on Namco Museum's Pole Position for the GBA. If it is an arcade emulation, forgetting the fact its on a GBA and not the arcade rig, I would be placed 18th in the world. :P

I gotta play the arcade Pole Position now!
    I am 26 out of 98,000+ players on Crimson Skies. And for that, I will call it a day.

It feel's good I bet.
    Crimson Skies rock! Online game ranking is an awesome feature!