Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The BBC claims the PS3 already won.

1. The BBC claims the PS3 already won.

Saw this on slashdot today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3544039.stm

How nice of them to not have any factual information in the article. Apparently the BBC has a crystal ball that can only perdict console sales.

Makes me wonder how much of this is direct from the Sony hype machine.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. The technology section on the BBC website has always been shit, this article is nothing new. I don't see why their technology articles get so much attention.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Yearly sales.
    2005: 1.3 million
    2006: 11m
    2007: 22.1m
    2008: 33.6m
    2009: 41.9m
    2010: 47.2m

4. As long as offline games don't go the way of 2D games, I don't give a damn who wins the next round.

You have to understand this is a analysis of business number games. It's statistics. The stuff businesses and wall street listen to. It just speaks about what a company who does the prediction on statistics says will be the leader on the factors they've seen. This happens constantly on many large commercial products and for stock predictions. It has less to do with tech specs, and more on the company itself. Also it's not BBC itself saying this, its a company they wrote the article on, Informa.

EDIT: I think this article should of been put in the business section and not the technology section though. It has nothing to do with the technology, but more with business. Kinda sneaky.

6. Retards shouldn't be allowed to write journalism.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

7. Interesting artical, but it still reaks of political masturbation.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

8. You're right, but IGNs successful so the proof isn't on our side.

But this isn't really journalism, it's more practical data than anything else. In all probability, the PS3 will outrun Xbox 2 and Nintendo Next unless either company pulls their socks up for their release titles and follow up years.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

OFF TOPIC:

Andrew: I bought the Futurama Series DVD. Best quote "Got Milk? Then you are human and must be destroyed!" on the sign in the robot planet Bender needs to deliver a package to. :P

10. You don't need a crystal ball to predict the obvious, Sony has a stranglehold on the market and will continue to as the machine is seen as the fashion item by the coveted mainstream.