Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March Monthly Challenge.

1. March Monthly Challenge.

Ok so here are the story boards for a quick 20 second animation. I chose Mr. Game and Watch, because there will be next to no production time involved in making the character, and because there are only going to be a few frames of animation for his movements, I can bang that out in a few weeks.

I still need ideas for some comical gags; I only have 2 right now, but want to add about 2 more. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Latah,

Now That I had an idea for what was going to happen and when, I decided to go out today and get some footage of a location that looked as close to the story boards as was possible. Here is a pic of the location I picked. I also started the tracking process, because that shit takes a long time to get a usable track from any given point and I wanted to get it out of the way. It’s now ready to solve, so I can build the virtual scene and put Mr. Game and Watch into it. Now all I have to do is make the character and rig it for animation (that will have to wait until I get some more pressing work finished) bout a week before I can look back to this, but.... such is life.
    noktUp(teenSlut)

Mrs. Cleo: "Is there a gentleman in your life?"
    Caller: "Yes."
    Mrs. Cleo: "Is he incarcerated?"
    Mrs. Cleo: "Yea, him your baby's daddy."

2. HERO: Sup mang? Hey I was just informed that I started a redundant thread with this one. So if you wanna go ahead and delete it you can. Sorry d00d.
    Latah,
    noktUp(teenSlut)

3. Nice, but what's with the professional storyboards for just a goof? Did you go to an art college
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    Nice, but what's with the professional storyboards for just a goof? Did you go to an art college
    Jah,
    I went to Full Sail in Orlando a few years back. They really look pro??? Only took about 45 min for the story and story boards. Wow, thanks, didn’t see that coming. I thought I was being lazy.
    Anyhow, even for just a "goof" the end product looks 10,000,000 times better, when you've done your homework, especially for animation (where timing is paramount), and besides, I am trying to go pro, and have never done any compositing or tracking, so I need the practice anyway.
    Thanks again for liking it.
    Hope it turns out as well as I want it to.

PS I really need Mr. Game and Watch sounds, or a video of actual game play. Any help would rule!!!
    noktUp(teenSlut)

5. You can get Game & Watch emulators, they usually come with WAVs of the soundeffects.

6. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    You can get Game & Watch emulators, they usually come with WAVs of the soundeffects.
    Holy Shit thanks!! I'll get those this weekend. Thanks again AstroBlue!

AstroBlue = TEH R0X0R!
    noktUp(teenSlut)

7. Hey I was board so I went online, but wasnt able to find anything of use in the emulator direction. I found lots of cheats for SSB for the cube but nothing in the way of Mr Game and Watch emulators. Any help would be cool.
    noktUp(teenSlut)

8. Here are some sounds.

9. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    Here are some sounds.
    AsrtoBlue: You are the fucking MAN!!!! That will help out soo much! You get creds in the final product. Thanks again dood!!!
    noktUp(teenSlut)

10. Ok guys, I have some bad news. I was just informed by my team lead that I have 15 days to port the Characters in the MOD I am working on, from UT2003 to UT2004. Should be easy, but there is a lot of tweaking involved. I might not be able to finnish this challenge by the end of march, BUT I WILL FINNISH IT. Just a little late. 'Don't mean to keep you guys waiting. Sorry.
    Latah,
    noktUp(teenSlut)