Thread: THQ Announces New Agmt. with Pixar & Disney

1. THQ Announces New Agmt. with Pixar & Disney

With several new films on the way, THQ says "Gimme, gimme!"

Look like this is the month of partnerships, acquisitions and other dealies. THQ has announced that its acquired the development rights for several upcoming Pixar Entertainment film franchises - Finding Nemo, <i>The Incredibles</i>, and <i>Cars</i>.

And in case you're wondering, these films aren't coming to a theatre near you, at least - not anytime soon. Each film is due for release in the summer of 2003, the 2004 and 2005 holiday season respectively.

The deal grants THQ the rights to publish games based on the films up until 2008 for console and PC platforms.

THQ has produced games for handheld systems based on the Pixar films "Toy Story," "A Bug's Life," "Toy Story 2," and "Monsters, Inc.", all of which were major successes both in theaters and as games.

2. I wish some companies (most will remain nameless) would focus on making better games and not scoring the "hot liscence". Its all a cash run IMO.

3. Ya. but where's the fun in that. Besides, the Monsters Inc. has been one of the best movie-to-game translations I've seen in awhile. There's just too much money involved with video game adaptions on movie franchises!