Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gamecube VGA Question...

1. Does anyone know how well those innovation multifunction vgas work? I see a lot of them on ebay, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I'm not looking for the best quality, I'm just looking for a way to play my games while my wife wants to watch tv that I have no interest in.
    "I don't like fellas that kill me. Not in general."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    That is the exact monitor I own.

You have to either deal with a bare picture tube or build a case for the thing.
    Did you build the case? I'm wondering how one goes about doing that. (I have no shop or carpentry skills whatsoever.)
    You have to manually re-calibrate the screen geometry for each new system you plug in.
    How annoying is this? Would it be hard to keep the control panel accessible if a case were built around the monitor? Lastly, how is the overall picture geometry?

Thanks!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tonic the Drunkhog
    Cheebs- you said the "main rgb hookup looks like something from venus". Do you have to use that, or can you send 15khz signals through the regular vga input?
    You can send 15 kHz RGB signals through the VGA input and the monitor will switch modes to accomodate. So....yes. That works.

Quote Originally Posted by skelly
    Did you build the case? I'm wondering how one goes about doing that. (I have no shop or carpentry skills whatsoever.)

How annoying is this? Would it be hard to keep the control panel accessible if a case were built around the monitor? Lastly, how is the overall picture geometry?

Thanks!
    Actually.....I never built a case.

After a week of use you get so good at re-sizing the geometry that you pretty much have it done by the time the boot up screen finishes. Overall picture goemetry is mearly average, but the picture looks so clean you really won't care that the lines are slightly non-vertical at the far edges. You really have to stop and examine everything to see it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    After a week of use you get so good at re-sizing the geometry that you pretty much have it done by the time the boot up screen finishes. Overall picture goemetry is mearly average, but the picture looks so clean you really won't care that the lines are slightly non-vertical at the far edges. You really have to stop and examine everything to see it.
    It's important to note that regular TVs aren't perfect with picture geometry either - they overscan the picture so you don't spot the inconsistencies. It's just that, when you have an RGB monitor and are able to adjust the picture, you'll naturally have an urge to do so.

Some of the Mitsubishi Megaview monitors have picture geometry adjustment buttons on the remote control, BTW.