Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamecube VGA Question...

1. Xbox 360 I Gamecube VGA Question...

I just got a nice new Sony Flat Panel Monitor (SDM-HS93) for my computer yesterday, and I was interested in getting a VGA cable for my "Gamecube" to expierence better gaming visuals. What does everyone here at the TNL Boards reccomend in terms of the best overall Gamecube / VGA Cable? Thanks!
    Check out my band Posin on VH1's Surreal Life Season 6 Airing January 7th. www.posinweb.com

2. I'd like to hear some recommendations as well. I'm moving into a new house at the end of the month and one of the rooms will be dedicated to my games. I won't have a television in there for at least a couple of months. Looks like I'll be playing my DC and PC until a viable solution arrives.

3. Get VGA cables from Matt here on tnl

he did mine and theyre fucking awesome to put it plain and simple

and i dont think youll find better ones anywhere

hell i dont think youll find other ones period

since he mods the componet cables
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    easy solution:

Key Digital Systems KD-XB

order here.

it takes any progressive signal and converts to crystal-clear vga. doesn't handle interlacing at all, though. the product has been discontinued, so it's super-cheap ($70.)

i just bought one, so i can vouch for the quality.
    it has a pass-through for your monitor, and automatically switches to the progressive input when it detects a signal.
    it's just as good as the dedicated vga cables. i've compared both. you'll need to buy the regular component cables for anything you hook up to it, but it's really neat to have a single vga solution.

5. does that work with games that arent Progressive Scan?
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. no, but neither do the dedicated vga cables.

7. true true
    i was hoping though

still i may get that for the Guilty Gear games on PS2
    Where I play

8. ggx2 in vga is a thing of beauty. like, that alone makes the adapter worthwhile.
    swoon.

9. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    no, but neither do the dedicated vga cables.
    My GC VGA setup (courtesy of Matt) has two parts: first, the main adapter that goes from both output ports to a 15-pin dsub. From there, I either connect the VGA cable (second part, with attached stereo miniplug for audio output to my PC speakers) or my RGB monitor's master cable. Great solution for both progressive and non-prog games.

It was a little pricey, but definitely worth it if you're too poor to own a HDTV.

10. i use the xrgb2+ for non-progressive stuff, but i don't know how that would compare to your setup. how much did all that cost?