Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good DVD back up programs?

Good DVD back up programs?

I'm sure I'm not the only one here, but as being in college right now, I'd kind of like a way to make back ups to bring to college instead of bringing the real DVD to school. People take your stuff, things get broken, ect.

Does anyone know any good programs for this? I got DVD X copy from walmart but haven't had any luck getting it to start.

2. "Don't be a pansy." - James

Quote Originally Posted by NightWolve
    I'll look into those. Do you have any experience with those? I want to get the best if I'm going to buy a program. New program + price of my movies + dvd - r s = to much money to be wasting on multiple programs.

4. I've been using CDRWIN for years. Alcohol 120% is relatively new and tries to do everything basically, but it's sometimes weak in trying to support image formats from other CDRW/DVDRW software (like from CDRWIN, Nero, Fireburner, CloneCD).

You can keep using CDRWIN for as long as you like, but it won't go over 1x for reading/writing while in demo mode. Give Alcohol a try and see how it works for you. Its had DVD support alot longer than CDRWIN has.

Ah, here's another I forgot:
    http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/

For CDRWIN, check if your DVD/RW device is supported here:
    http://www.goldenhawk.com/devices_body.htm

If I was gonna buy one, it'd probably be Alcohol 120%. It has the nifty virtual drive feature which is useful. But, for the most part, I just use CDRWIN in demo mode.
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

5. or you could just use DVDxCopy...

Quote Originally Posted by ShineAqua
    or you could just use DVDxCopy...
    I have it, I tried it before and after i made this thread. It starts up, then I never see it again. The computer says it is running when I press ctrl alt delete, but no where else.

7. www.dvdshrink.org

Its free, and it works fantastic.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

8. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    www.dvdshrink.org

Its free, and it works fantastic.
    Yes. And even though 321 (supposedly) took the warning screen off of XCopy, it's still around $100 and does the same thing dvdshrink will.

DVDShrink is a little more complicated to use but there are resources available if you have any questions.

9. Use dvd decrypter > dvd shrink (if necessary) > burning program (nero etc.)

10. the new dvd shrink beta supports .iso burning and supposedly doesnt need a 3rd party burning proggy anymore. im still using 3.1.6 and nero 6 myself. and six, you say its complicated? its the EASIEST thing ive ever used.

and using dvd decryptor and then dvd shrink is totally unnecessary. why would you ever need to do that?