Thread: Need help in Underwater Unit.

1. Need help in Underwater Unit.

Ok I have NO idea if anyone has even remotely played this game, but I'm playing U -underwater unit- now from Irem and it ROCKS. Unfortunately I'm kinda stuck on mission 11 now. It appears to be almost impossible. It starts off with a generic "destroy all the surrounding Deep Fighter looking units" objective. The stage area takes place around the location of your rebel base, as its a kind of sneak attack from the empire. The problem is once I take out all the fighters, the "boss" battle begins, and instead of a regular boss what it does it continuously throw fleets upon fleets of enemy subs of varying types (from the normal ones to the really really big subboss ones) towards the base and I'm supposed to hold them off. After the 3rd or 4th wave they usually wipe out all my allies and destroy the entire base failing my mission... either I really suck or there's a catch that I'm not seeing.... anyone got further than this?

P.S. I'll post full review/impressions of the game once I actually finish the sucker... mission 11 is just standing in my way. >_<

2. Wish I could help you out on this. U does look very cool...I have a thing for submarine shooters. Here's hoping it gets a US release. (Agetec? Activision? BAM?)

3. Ugh. Finally got past mission 11. On mission 14 now, hatehatehatehatehatehatehate protect-the-ally type missions. The enemy AI in the game is pretty competent, but the friendly AI is about as retarded as it can get... ugghhh. Great game though, pity noone else bought it. Sold like 3,800 units in the first week, pffft.