Thread: 311 and Dryden Mitchell cover 2 great Cure songs

311 and Dryden Mitchell cover 2 great Cure songs

Yup two of my favorite Cure songs are covered on the 50 First Dates Movie soundtrack. The Movie's alright but the soundtrack seems pretty nice. I like 311's take on "Love Song" and Dryden's version of my favorite Cure song "Friday I'm in Love" Any fans of these covers? I need to get this Soundtrack!

2. I've been hearing the cover of love song a ton of the radio here for the past 2 months or so. Is that the only covers on the soundtrack?

3. that cover of Lovesong is horrible. It sounds EXACTLY like a shitty band using someone else's song to try to get themselves on the radio, just like the Ataris' Boys of Summer and whatever else.

And lo and behold, people fell for it.

4. I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you diff.

I think 311 did a wondeful job covering the song. It has a nice slow romantic feel now. I didn't get that as much with the original.

yum yum yum ...
    Delicioso

5. 311 didnt do a horrible job on the song, they just made it cheesey and not nearly as geniune feeling as the original.
    your mom

Well I think Love Song is really a heartfelt cover that has alot of emotion and is on par with the original. Great song. Diff must not be a 311 fan?

As for Dyrden's cover of Friday I'm in Love, well it has a reggage type vibe but doesn't hold a candle to the original song. I liked Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal though, good song, funny video.

7. that entire soundtrack is nothing but 80's covers with a carribean (?) flavor to them. some songs are good, some songs are ehhh, but i'd still go with the originals before all else.

Yup I just noticed that too when I bought the album. The only
    non cover is Sandler's song I believe.