Thread: Lots of Ghibli news

1. Lots of Ghibli news

And all good news! Someone at Animeondvd attended a Q&A with Ghibli or something-
    Howl's Moving Castle is due in July in Japan, and should make the release date but nothing was certain. It will be released here though he didn't know when. He said what he's seen of it looks awesome

Mononoke will get a second theatrical release here- in Japanese. The question was "Will it be released to theaters in Japanese" he said yes that it was in the works. Which left no room for doubt.

He said every Ghibli feature film should be released in the US by the end of next year. He didn't have details. He said that several will get theatrical releases, some straight to video. He didn't specify since nothing concrete had been worked out. He said that Nausicaa was next out of the box and had a great voice cast. (the English premiere was to be here at the festival but was canceled) He wasn't certain if it was just video or a theatrical release.
    He said that how and when Porco would be released would be announced at months end. It wasn't clear if that's just DVD or a theatrical release.

For me the stunner was the answer to the question of whether Disney will pick up Totoro when Fox is done and release a wide screen DVD. Albert's response was The English dub was to be complete by next week so, assuming all went well there would be a Disney release, with apparently a new voice cast sometime in the future.
    pwned by Ivan

2. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    He said every Ghibli feature film should be released in the US by the end of next year.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    !
    !!

While this all sounds like the least concrete news ever, I'm hopeful...

I watched Pom Poko again a couple of weeks back and am still wondering how they're going to handle all the 'super tanuki testicle' action in that one.

Watched I Can Hear The Sea recently. That was pretty good. I like those high school things.

I'm really looking forward to Whisper of the Heart!! They need to speed that one along now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    !!

While this all sounds like the least concrete news ever, I'm hopeful...
    Steven Alpert, a VP with Tokuma International (parent company of Studio Ghibli), said this stuff at Disney's premier of Porco Rosso. I'm pretty sure it's legit.

5. So does that mean they are going to re-release Princess Mononoke in a 2 disc set with extras as well? *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Lhadatt
    Steven Alpert, a VP with Tokuma International (parent company of Studio Ghibli), said this stuff at Disney's premier of Porco Rosso. I'm pretty sure it's legit.
    Great, but I'm not holding my breath for it all to come true. I hope I'm wrong.

7. Nausicaa is being re-published in the States in proper unflipped format.

Really, that's all that matters.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Nausicaa is being re-published in the States in proper unflipped format.

Really, that's all that matters.
    Not an anime fan, huh?
    pwned by Ivan

9. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    Not an anime fan, huh?
    No, anime is fine and all. I love Miyazaki's anime. I'm just saying that, at the end of the day, none of his anime (or, hell, anyone's) comes even close to the Nausicaa manga.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.