Page 2 of 137 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA: San Andreas Official (PS2/PC/XBOX catch-all)

1. pwned by Ivan

2. the logo makes it seem like it's gonna have some kind of gangster rap theme, so if that's the case, here's hoping it takes place in the early 90's...that way there will be a chance that the main character will be some good M.C. Hammer clone. you know, with it taking place near Oakland and all.

if not, then let's just hope they go full force Menace II Society / Boyz in the Hood with it.

3. Lucas, this is from the thing I posted above-
    "The next character, Mad Dogg, is described as "Black American Male, 23." Judging by the script, Mad Dogg will not be the paradigm of social responsiblity. His lines are those of O-Dog, the homicidal teenager played by Larenz Tate in the 1993 classic Menace II Society, and are drenched in hardcore profanity and mid-'90s gangsta slang.

"Although Rockstar did not respond to inquires about the characters, several other details about GTA: San Andreas' plot can be inferred from the scripts. First, given the vintage of the films and the modern vernacular, the game will take place in semi-contemporary times, as opposed to the 1970s-set game some had speculated. Second, the film will feature a West-Coast gangsta prominently, perhaps even as the lead."
    pwned by Ivan

4. Second, the film will feature a West-Coast gangsta prominently, perhaps even as the lead.
    WTF?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. LOL, I missed that.
    pwned by Ivan

6. Probably just a typo on Gamespot's part.

And I read that thing about one of the main characters being black... I'm wondering how long it'll take for somebody like Reverand Jesse Jackson to hop all over this claiming it's "promoting a racial stereotype" or some other nonsense like that.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    And I read that thing about one of the main characters being black... I'm wondering how long it'll take for somebody like Reverand Jesse Jackson to hop all over this claiming it's "promoting a racial stereotype" or some other nonsense like that.
    If he was, he's had plenty of opportunity to jump on guys like Eight Ball from the original and Lance Vance of Vice City, among others.
    omg TNL epics!

8. Ever since I saw the title, I've been seriously wishing for a 2 island setup based on SF/Oakland.

9. I love GTA, but I don't like how this is shaping up.

Give me Bullitt and San Francisco action, none of this gangsta BS.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok the Red
    If he was, he's had plenty of opportunity to jump on guys like Eight Ball from the original and Lance Vance of Vice City, among others.
    Yeah, but the thing is you never got to play as any of those people... I'm assuming that there's gonna be (at the very least) 2 playable characters.