Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: The Rising Stars of Manga

I guess the Voodoo Daddies and the Wolf are all a tip o' the hat to Josh Whedon's masterful Buffy series, too.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Whoever wrote and drew baggage has poor layout skills. I didn't read the whole thing, but I felt as though it was a chore to follow.
    Yeah, it sure is rough reading English in standard comic book format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I guess the Voodoo Daddies and the Wolf are all a tip o' the hat to Josh Whedon's masterful Buffy series, too.
    It's what the Brothers Grimm watched on fireplace channel 43 before they added French hookers to it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Yeah, it sure is rough reading English in standard comic book format.
    Whoever layed it out has poor layout skills. The bubbles are lost in the pictures and it's not intuitive to read like all professional comic books. It has nothing to do with the language it's in.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Whoever layed it out has poor layout skills. The bubbles are lost in the pictures and it's not intuitive to read like all professional comic books.
    Maybe you should stick to three-panel newspaper comics. It was certainly easier to follow the path of writing than some X-Men and Avengers collections I've read recently (not that I had trouble with those either but the way they sometimes seperate block of texts could be done better).

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Maybe you should stick to three-panel newspaper comics. It was certainly easier to follow the path of writing than some X-Men and Avengers collections I've read recently (not that I had trouble with those either but the way they sometimes seperate block of texts could be done better).
    Or the person who created it should re-evaluate their layout skills. Yeah, I'm right.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Can I Sit Here was robbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Can I Sit Here was robbed.
    I concur.

...and WHERE'S HAVEN?!?!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Can I Sit Here was robbed.
    I concur. 3rd place Isn't that bad though, He still got to pitch a comic to TP. If you like his stuff, you should check out studionj.com. There's a 200 page comic on there that he did all the artwork for.