Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check This Site Out - Spiderman and Blade 2 on DVD

Originally posted by Lhadatt
    It's not going to be a very good disc. It's gonna be someone in an HK cinema who smuggled in a camcorder and set it up in the theater to record the film. These things are not new, and they're not quality. They're cheap stolen goods.
    This is where you are wrong.

I am a huge pirate. I download movies like there is no tomorrow.

They *are* quality. I have never seen one of these camcorder tapes.

A lot of times the theatrical release is different from the home release. The only way to see the theatrical release (at home) is to get a dvd (or an avi) off the original film. (do you think that you are gonna see the microphone in the home release of Resident Evil?)

Oh yeah, and every movie I have ever gotten an "early release" of sits right next to the "official release" on my dvd shelf. I like the extras.

There are plenty of people out there just like me. Don't go getting all high and mighty.

Re: Re: Check This Site Out - Spiderman and Blade 2 on DVD

Originally posted by ssbomberman
    I bought the Japanese film "Versus" from that stand on tape. Now it isn't available in the U.S. or importable because of region codes-- should I consider myself a supporter of bootlegging?
    Would you buy a Backup of an import only Playstation game?

3. Preach on 88.

4. Re: Re: Re: Check This Site Out - Spiderman and Blade 2 on DVD

Originally posted by 88mph

Would you buy a Backup of an import only Playstation game?
    See the thing is I could play the import only PSX game with a boot disc, so i wouldn't. But Versus is only available on Japanese DVD-- Region 2 I think, so I would have to buy a region all DVD player and find some place to actually import the movie from Japan-- I haven't seen it many places...And I will definitely buy it on DVD should it be brought here or released in HK as region all...

For all I know the VHS could be legit...it isn't in a generic cas or anything, so maybe they have the rights to distribute in the U.S. I wasn't too worried about that-- I was just happy I found it and it's not like I got it someplace shady...this was a reputable convention by a reputable company...

I'm not gonna worry about it...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

5. Originally posted by 88mph
    This is where you are wrong.
    I am a huge pirate. I download movies like there is no tomorrow.
    They *are* quality. I have never seen one of these camcorder tapes.
    A lot of times the theatrical release is different from the home release. The only way to see the theatrical release (at home) is to get a dvd (or an avi) off the original film. (do you think that you are gonna see the microphone in the home release of Resident Evil?)
    Oh yeah, and every movie I have ever gotten an "early release" of sits right next to the "official release" on my dvd shelf. I like the extras.
    There are plenty of people out there just like me. Don't go getting all high and mighty.
    88:
    I'm not acting "high and mighty". All I'm saying is you're taking intellectual property that isn't your's without compensation. It's like you walk into Fry's or Gamestop and just take that movie or game. It's not your's, you didn't pay for it. It's ethically and legally wrong. You can't change that by saying "oh it's ok, everyone and his brother does it". You may be one of the very few people that actually buys legit copies of the stuff they pirate, but most people don't follow this approach.

Ethug:
    It's a bit more than a few cents man. In the case of the domestic anime companies, each copy not sold due to piracy takes a little bite out of their profits. If enough copies aren't sold, they won't recoup their expenses on production and licensing. Granted, they're a bit big now for most titles to be affected, however we still see the fansub effect in things like Patlabor TV and other small series that might not sell big numbers. To assume that all of these production people have deep pockets is to assume too much.

The preceding was entirely my opinion, which I have the right to espouse. If you don't like it, tough cookies, cause I ain't changing it. This is my last post in this thread.