Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eff the Government

1. Eff the Government

Just did my taxes and I am getting ZERO back. Nothing. Nada. I know if I owned a home or something it would help out, but back in 2000 I got quite a bit of cash back and I didn't make too much. So screw this current tax policy. Even if I get back like a hundred bucks, that's fine. If anything else couldn't solidify my voting against Bush, this certainly does. 2000, during Clinton's policies, and I got money. I don't remember my taxpaying years before 2000 since my mother did that stuff for me, but I got a decent amount back even then under Clinton. Past three years, I've gotten hardly anything back. Gotta fund those tax cuts for wealthy people.

Fuck 'em. And rich people, unless I ever become one.

2. =\ damn that sucks, argh...crap i have to do mine soon. I better get something back its going towards an XBOX
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

3. Quote Originally Posted by station82o
    =\ damn that sucks, argh...crap i have to do mine soon. I better get something back its going towards an XBOX
    Donate your tax refund to John Kerry. Bush has some incredible amount of cash to spend campaigning and Kerry has nowhere near that amount.

4. I'm getting money back.

I don't claim anything so I always get something back.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Donate your tax refund to John Kerry. Bush has some incredible amount of cash to spend campaigning and Kerry has nowhere near that amount.
    eh...but I need an XBOX for 'Fable'.

6. Quote Originally Posted by station82o
    eh...but I need an XBOX for 'Fable'.
    yes, you do
    and im with matt, didnt claim anything, so cash back for me. of course im still nowhere near rich, so whatever. still not voting for kerry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

lithium Guest
    It's not that simple. A lot of it has to do with how much you had taken out of your paycheck over the year, and a *lot* of factors influence that. Getting none back is desirable, and what most people shoot for. If you get money back it just means you gave the government a year long, interest free, loan. Why would you want to do the government such a nice favor?

8. cause we're stupid? argh, stop making me think of all these tedious important matters, I've got a Halo game to concentrate on.

9. Haven't done mine, but I did a relative's whose getting back $1,252 - $1,066 from federal, $186 from state. Yeah, yeah, I blame Bush for all that. Government interest free loans suck.

Mike, um, maybe your employer took out the right amount from your paycheck to begin with? I know, you couldn't resist the "Bush angle" and "tax cuts for the rich." I never knew it was really Democrats who are the better tax cutters. Go Kerry!
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

10. Is this the part where I say....

477 BILLION DOLLARS?

Yes, it seems so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.