Thread: Help! PS2>XB adaptor that recognizes Negcon pad?

1. Help! PS2>XB adaptor that recognizes Negcon pad?

Can somebody PLEASE tell me if there is a PS2 to Xbox adaptor/coverter that will recognize and allow my NeGcon to work on my Xbox...*specifically* in PGR2? I have seen a whole bunch of adaptors that allow PS2 pads to be used with the Xbox but which one of these will recognize a Namco NeGcon controller? I swear I would actually consider re-buying PGR2 again if I could play it with a NeGcon!

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. don't think one exists, matey

I'm guessing the NegCon uses proprietary signals that don't work with converters designed for dual shock.

3. u can't. The negcon ONLY works with games that actually support it. I *believe* (and correct me if I'm wrong) that R4 was the last game that used it as well as the jogcon.

4. Wipeout 3 used it. Wipeout can only be fully appreciated with a Negcon. The shortfall of Quantum Redshift, besides the stupid characters, was the total lack of anything like it.
    o_O

5. That is ridiculously unfortunate and although I appreciate you guys' inputs, I am PRAYING you are wrong! I do know for a fact however, that my NeGcon does work for few of my Dreamcast games like Daytona and F355 via the Dragnbox Psx>DC adaptor. I am hoping that one of the converters will "see" the NeGcon, and recognize it as a steering wheel therefore telling the Xbox racing game there is a wheel plugged in. PLease help.

6. Do these PS2-XB Adapters work with the wheels?

Would be nice to only buy one wheel for use on both consoles.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Do these PS2-XB Adapters work with the wheels?

Would be nice to only buy one wheel for use on both consoles.
    MVS...one of them recognized my wheel in PGR2. But it didn't recognize my NeGcon. That's why I'm wondering if the Magic Box converter will allow PGR2 to recognize it.