Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KCEJ announces ZOE2, MGS Substance

1. KCEJ announces ZOE2, MGS Substance

2. Damn, you beat me to it... That's what I get for double-checking the source.

http://www.konamijpn.com/pdf/kessan020508_e.pdf (page 5)

The 'Metal Gear Solid' series is one of our important original titles. The most recent 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Libery' has been a great success, significantly strengthening the brand. Our plan is to bring out sequels at a frequency of once every two years. We also plan to introduce a second and a third original title to follow our Metal Gear Solid series. Currently we are working on strengthening our 'ZONE OF THE ENDERS (Z.O.E.)' brand and are in process of planning and producing new original titles...
    But didn't Kojima mention something in lines of he didn't want to do another MGS for a while?

3. Whee! According to the Game Watch report, the new Metal Gear Solid could be neither, a remake of MGS1 nor an enhanced MGS2, but rather a whole new online installment of the series. Or maybe it's just a compilation of both MSX games. Hopefully, it will be great.

4. Well, I wouldn't mind replaying MGS with MGS2 style graphics and extras. And if its a brand new game, then its even better.

Zidane should be very happy with this announcement

Looking forward second ZOE as well. I'm probably one of only few people who actually liked it

5. There's one thing we can be almost sure of: the next Metal Gear Solid won't be innovative. I bet you the series ends up like Tomb Raider, if Kojima and co. are so intent on churning them out like this. Heck, Tomb Raider has already ended up like MGS.

6. Originally posted by dorikyasu
    Damn, you beat me to it... That's what I get for double-checking the source.

http://www.konamijpn.com/pdf/kessan020508_e.pdf (page 5)

But didn't Kojima mention something in lines of he didn't want to do another MGS for a while?
    Actually Kojima merely said that he would stop directing the series after MGS2 and that he will stay as producer.

While this is nice and all, where's Metal Gear: Ghost Babel 2?

7. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Whee! According to the Game Watch report, the new Metal Gear Solid could be neither, a remake of MGS1 nor an enhanced MGS2, but rather a whole new online installment of the series.
    Oh great, another series going online. For some reason, that doesn't get me excited.

8. I'm not anti MGS. But Kojima is starting to look like a one or two trick pony (not including the Snatcher games). Kojima DID state in interviews that it would be the last in the series (from him anyways). Money talks obviously. It'd be nice to see him branch out from MGS and ZOE. Hopefully he'll actually make that GC game he vaguely talked about last year and hopefully it'll be interesting and
    take advantage of the parent/child theme in a way that makes me want to buy it.

9. The gamewatch article speculates that KCEJ is considering taking the MGS franchise online in the future, but not specifically that MGS Substance is that title. Our sources are pretty confindent that it's a comp. It might have like, online ranking or some small,added online mode...

-Shane

10. If that's true and MGS Substance does turn out to be a compliation, then guess that old rumor about MGSX being MGS1&2 hybrid wasn't too far off...