Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Muscle $4.99 @ Best Buy

1. Mega Drive Ultimate Muscle $4.99 @ Best Buy

My local BB had the GBA version of Ultimate Muscle for $4.99, was going to use the gamer gift card until I realized the coupon was only good for items $20 and above so I skipped out. I figured I would let you guys know for fans of the show or people who like to blow money.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. Yup, I snatched this deal up yesterday, okay game, the commentary in it brings back memories of Tecmo World Wrestling.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. I might wanna get this.

Jeremy, which wrestling game does it most resemble?

4. None from an actual wrestling perspective, the only aspect of it that resembles another wrestling game is the commentary feature.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Well then, what kind of game is it? A beat 'em up?

6. None left at my Best Buy
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

7. Korly, it's kind of a unique wrestling game in some ways, although only in execution, as it seems relatively routine in theory. The game's grappling system operates on a colored bar system, hit one color, and the grapple continues, hit another, and you can do a super move, hit another, and you can do a regular grappling move. You can do irish whips, moves off of the ropes, etc. The key problem that I have with the game is that you can't do any of these things smoothly, as the game's controls are really clunky. The graphics are nice though, except when things get bigger, then it's pixel-city, and reminds me of the close-up shots in Vegas Stakes on the SNES in how horrible they look. Move animation is pretty decent though. The music is garbage, but the commentary adds some life to the hum-drum wrestling action.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Interesting...

9. I thought the GBA rev sucked.

(From what I heard...I haven't played it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

10. Compared to the console UM game, yes, it's horrible. Still better than all non-Firepro GBA wrestling games.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan