Thread: What Firewall are you currently using

What Firewall are you currently using

Hi guys,

For a couple of months now, I've been using Sygate's Personal Firewall. It's free for none commercial use and overall it's not bad. The only problem I run into with it is that some websites (like hotmail for instance) don't work properly unless I turn it off while I'm using them. I was wondering what firewalls everyone else used to get an idea of something better I could get and also to help out those that may not be that knowledgable so that they can find a simple firewall to help protect their PC's.

BTW: Sygate Firewall can be found at www.hotfiles.com by doing a serch for Sygate.
    Taking it one day at a time.

2. @guard. Best 1.2mb firewall you can get. Originally designed for windows 3.1, but it does the job great even in XP. Also has a built-in adblocker/popup stopper.

3. I'm using ZoneAlarm's free one, it's served me well for the past couple of years.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. The Firewall built into my Netgear router.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

lithium Guest
    I currently use none. But I plan to drop my home internet soon, so I don't really care. In the past I've used Linux on a 486. The Linux LEAF project to be specific. That's one of the best ways to get a firewall going if you've got the hardware lying around. Incredibly easy to setup, and a great and very unobtrusive firewall. I've not had any positive experience with the Windows based firewalls, I'd rather just plop down $80 or so on a hardware firewall if it came down to it.

6. BTW a buddy of mine showed me the new Windows XP Service Pack that's due out in the coming months. The new Firewall that's in it is actually decent for once.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Whatever is built into my router. I'd like to figure out how to dissable it while I'm running bittorrent but so far I haven't been able to figure it out.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I'm using ZoneAlarm's free one, it's served me well for the past couple of years.
    ZoneAlarm is great. Easy to use, free and easily one of the best software firewalls retail or free.

9. I am using Norton, although I could use the free Zone Alarm too.