Thread: VGA to RGB external converter???

1. VGA to RGB external converter???

I'm looking to hook my comp up to any of my RGB monitors, but I don't want to go with a card that I install in the comp if I can avoid it. I want an external solution for dropping the signal so it works on my RGB monitors?

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. That sort of thing does exist. However, they're made for the professional video industry and are so expensive that the time you'll spend configuring your PC is a whole lot less than the hours you'd have to work to afford one.

The picture quality wouldn't be as good, anyhow. The whole point of the ArcadeVGA card is that it preserves the original arcade resolution with no quality loss.

3. Mmmmmm..... The Arcade VGA card is the best thing to happen to PCs ever. EVER I TELL YOU! ummm..... you just need one. They kick ass.

4. It does look pretty rad. So it allows for proper scanlines and everything, eh?

I'm not interested in emulation, but I'm glad this thing exists. If that makes sense.

5. ...

Ok, so here's the deal -- Matt if I get the ArcadeVGA card, can you make me teh cable for it? I guess VGA style plug on one end with DB15 Mac style on teh other?

That'll do it I think. Gonna get this puppy next month if I can.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"