Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret Window

1. Secret Window

Wow, this came out of nowhere - out March 12.

David Koepp adapts Stephen King's "Secret Window, Secret Garden" and directs Johnny Depp, Ving Rhames, John Turturro, and Charles S. Dutton. Deals with a writer (Depp) who gets terrorized by a mysterious stranger who claims Depp stole his story.

I don't recall much of the plot of King's story (It's from the collection Four Past Midnight), but I'll go see just about anything with Depp.

Official site

Link to more info & trailers

Looks pretty cool.

Trailer looks great but it's kinda hard to see John Tutturo
    as a menacing villian.

3. I can't wait to see this, everytime i see it I bug my gf "We have to go see that!" I'm a Depp whore/slut/fan whatever you want to call it. I like actors with talent, which is why Gary Oldman is my favorite actor and Depp is right behind him.

D

4. This looks like it could be pretty interesting.

BTW, nice av, dyomides.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korian
    Trailer looks great but it's kinda hard to see John Tutturo
    as a menacing villian.
    Turturro's character isn't quite what he's made out to be in the trailer, assuming the screenplay follows the story, that is.....

Speaking of which, I reread King's novella this weekend, and as a result I'm more interested in seeing how it gets translated. The story is seriously Hitchcockian. Johnny Depp is a master of choosing & nailing offbeat roles (The Ninth Gate is a favorite of mine in particular), and this has all the marks of another feather in his cap.

D, Oldman is a favorite of mine as well....his cameo in True Romance is one of the best evar.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic
    Turturro's character isn't quite what he's made out to be in the trailer, assuming the screenplay follows the story, that is.....

Speaking of which, I reread King's novella this weekend, and as a result I'm more interested in seeing how it gets translated. The story is seriously Hitchcockian. Johnny Depp is a master of choosing & nailing offbeat roles (The Ninth Gate is a favorite of mine in particular), and this has all the marks of another feather in his cap.

D, Oldman is a favorite of mine as well....his cameo in True Romance is one of the best evar.
    And dont forget Norman Stansfield and Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

7. Quote Originally Posted by Critical Overdrive
    This looks like it could be pretty interesting.

BTW, nice av, dyomides.
    Thanks, figured it was about time I got one.

Yeah Gary's appearance in True Romance went by unotticed since most people didn't even reckognize him. He brings so much to any movie he appears in, you could follow an actor for years and find a handful of moments where they really nail a scene with a performance, a moment where they truly shine and understand their character from within. Gary has so many I stopped counting. He truly needs to start making movies as a main character, I loved him in Romeo is Bleeding. Then there was also Immortal Beloved and I wasn't all that interested in seeing it but his performance was spectacular.

And if were talking cameo's in True Romance let's not forget to mention Brad Pitt's.

D

8. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    And dont forget Norman Stansfield and Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg
    "I haven't got time, for this Mickey Mouse bullshit!"

Classic.

Also, to address the topic, isn't the character Turturro plays a Quaker? Makes him even LESS scary in my opinion. I mean, he can't even DANCE!
    Time for a change

9. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Also, to address the topic, isn't the character Turturro plays a Quaker? Makes him even LESS scary in my opinion. I mean, he can't even DANCE!
    If the screenplay follows the original story, Turturro's character is definitely not a Quaker. There are reasons he dresses and looks like that.

Guys, don't pass this film up because Turturro doesn't seem to fit the part. It's very good casting for who his character is......which is NOT what the previews make him out to be.

This is not a run-of-the-mill stalker story. There's the definite possibility that the screenplay will completely mangle King's novella, but if it doesn't - and I believe it won't - what happens will surprise a lot of people. I certainly was.

10. The trailer made it look good.... I don't know if i'll see it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."