Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Opinions wanted on new PC Parts

1. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    Newegg is the best onlline retailer i've ever dealt with for anything. They are that much better.

But i don't know about payment plans.

I buy all my pc parts from Newegg as well. Not sure if you check resellerratings.com but if you dont then here is what folks think about TigerDirect.

TigerDirect Reseller Rating
    vs
    NewEgg Reseller Rating

I have never purchased from TigerDirect but have bought around $2000 worth of stuff from NewEgg for the past 6 years and they have never let me down.

See if you could build a similar system from NewEgg and get away from shady rebates. I can't stand rebates personally as they take forever and something could always go wrong with them.

NewEgg doesn't have any kind of monthly payment plan. If its best that you do monthly payments then why not just get a complete pc from Dell?? Don't they have payment plan options?
    Last edited by raystorm; 07 Dec 2004 at 11:00 PM.

2. I think just about everyone here (TNL) that buys computer parts almost always uses Newegg. I've always got fast shipping (cheap too!) from them, everything worked and they have the lowest prices around. If someone is cheaper, it's like a dollar.

A friend of mine got 2 bad mobos and they didn't give him any shit. They replaced it in a good time frame and kept him as a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    NewEgg doesn't have any kind of monthly payment plan. If its best that you do monthly payments then why not just get a Dell?? Don't they have payment plan options?
    That's a good suggestion too.

3. TigerDirect has this DVD-burner include e-machine (yeah yeah, emachine) for $399 after rebate:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Sku=E400-W4682

Oh btw, TigerDirect shipping is pretty expensive, I tried to get some of their "free after rebate" stuff but the shipping killed it for me.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    arent the 6600 line pci-express only so far?
    The XFX card is AGP, I think they may be the only company with an AGP version right now actually.

5. no shit......might need to look into that.

6. Okay, so I'm bumping this thread cause I never did get that new computer. But now my current one is on its last legs, so I can't affort to wait any further.

Yet again, I ask you guys to help me out, and see if what I'm choosing is good.

Case: Antec Solution SLK3000-B Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    Motherboard: ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3000DIK4BI
    Memory: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) System Memory Model VS1GBKIT533D2
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Now, I'm not looking for a monster rig, just one that I can play some current games and not have to upgrade for a while. And if need be, I can upgrade pretty well.

PS. everything else I plan on taking from my current computer, until I can upgrade the parts later.

7. Well, I finally bought a new rig. It works very well. No actual problems with it yet (building it was nwrve-wracking, though ). I didn't get everything new, as I was on a really tight budget. Only the bare necessities to get it running. Everything else is recycled from my older system.

ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3000DIK4BI
    CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory
    ASUS EAX700-X/TD/128M Radeon X700 128MB 128-bit DDR PCI-Express x16 Video Card
    Rosewill TU-155 Black Steel/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply

My only problem is that my old 40 Gig HDD is NOT WORKING! Even in my old computer at this point! I lost A LOT of information, specifically my own music that I was writing, and the programs I used to write them. Bios recgonizes it, but when it tries to boot Windows, it stalls and gives me some sort of error message (I can't remember it right now).

But I got Far Cry, and am enjoying it greatly. Playing it with very high settings, and it hovers around 30fps. Very playable. Next is probably Half-Life 2.

PS. you guys were right about NewEgg. I got everything in two days. Unbelieveable.