Thread: Video capturing advice needed

1. Video capturing advice needed

I'm in the process of acquiring a bootleg of a concert I was at, and I said that I'd happily share it around. However, I just found out that its on VHS. I only have 1 video player, so I can't duplicate it like that, and I'd much prefer to have it on my pc anyways.

How would I go about doing this? can you get a card with a coaxial input on it? How much does your average card go for?

any advice or comments are welcome.

2. Hauppauge WinTV cards are pretty good. I've had one for years and haven't had a problem with it.

Other options are Pinnacle or if you're looking to upgrade your video card at all, consider an ATI All-in-wonder card.

Oh, or if you want something you don't have to install in your system, I've heard good things about the Dazzle products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. A firewire card and a Canopus ADVC-100 is the perfect solution although perhaps too costly for your needs.

4. I need to capture my wedding video to DVD and was looking at this Plextor Device. It evidently does the DivX encoding in hardware so my wussy little computer won't have to.

I'm also hoping that this can serve as my PVR on my old PC since it does the encoding in hardware. Not so sure about that yet, though....

When I get it I'll let y'all know how well it works.

5. You might find it helpful to look around this forum.

6. thanks dudes! you're all winners!