Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in Import PS2 and/or IIDX goods?

1. What'd you search under? The domestic and import cords are different... I can only find lots of US ones.

I thought that they would be the same.

The Japanese systems run on 110V, I think, and American ones, 120V (to match the voltage of American households). However, the voltage from your plugs are never constant, so there should be no problem with the ten extra volt difference.

Edit: Or were you implying that the Japanese PS2 uses a different connector between the plug and the system?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tones

Edit: Or were you implying that the Japanese PS2 uses a different connector between the plug and the system?
    Correct. The US one has a square half to it, while import has two circular ends. The one I have is too small and slips out whenever I walk on the floor, the vibration shakes it loose. My system constantly shuts off while I play IIDX and it's driving me insane.

Duct tape didn't help, and I can't find the right kind of cord.

4. You can always take a new ps2 cord and use a knife or scissors to shave it into the right shape. That's worked with my xbox and saturn, theoretically it should work for you too.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    Correct. The US one has a square half to it, while import has two circular ends. The one I have is too small and slips out whenever I walk on the floor, the vibration shakes it loose. My system constantly shuts off while I play IIDX and it's driving me insane.

Duct tape didn't help, and I can't find the right kind of cord.
    I've got a spare power cord that I don't need and has been cut down in the same manner as Xeno G's described. Do you want it? I've used it with great success on Japanese Saturns, DCs, and PS2s, so I'm sure it'd work fine on your system. It'd be super cheap

6. How... super cheap?

And Tones, I have a friend who may be interested in the system, I'll get back to you in a day or two on it.

7. Is $3.50 shipped cheap enough for you? Most of that's going into postage.

8. Tones, my friend ended up snagging a yahoo auction instead, but I tired!

I can handle that, Matt. PM me.

Nomi, no problem. Thanks for trying to help out.

Well, I'm taking the JP PS2 off the marked for the time being. I know that this thread is almost a year and a day old, but eh, oh well.

5th Style is still available, though.