Thread: Formatting an iPod to Fat32

1. Formatting an iPod to Fat32

How would I go about doing this? I finally have the 'pod working on the Mac, but I need it to work on my PC. I've had the thing restored (I was using the wrong software initially), so then I find that my MacOpener trial (bundled with EphPod) was expired. Boo. The Windows software doesn't recognize it.

2. Will this let you view it without formatting it?

Although, it seems to me that Windows would have to recognize it first. Does it show up in Device Manager at all? Do you get an unknown device when you hook it up? If so, see if it's supposed to have drivers for Windows.

3. Windows can't recognize it; it's formatted as an HFS drive. MacOpener is supposed to get around this, but the trial's expired, and the two previous pieces of software I've used (Xplay or something and EphPod) use MacOpener. I'll give this a shot, though. Thanks.

Edit: Looking at it, it seems like you're right. Anapod probably doesn't do a thing for me.

4. Well, it now works. Turns out I had some problems with my firewire card.

It was as simple as plugging it in and running the update software.

5. Now give it back to Nomi. Jerk.

6. Hahahah. She insists that I keep it.

After messing with her new one, I see why.

7. Hehe, did you "put her in her place?" You should have been like, "Woman, you told me I could have it. Now go make me a sammidge!"