Thread: Font needed: American Typewriter Medium [Mac]

1. Font needed: American Typewriter Medium [Mac]

Seems kinda silly to be asking for this font, but I can't find it anywhere to download. [Well, some sites want like $23 for it (?!)]

So I kina need "American Typewriter Medium" [Mac.] The computers in the lab have the font installed, but my Powerbook is lacking it. Bleh.

Anyone?

2. Looking in Font Book all I have: Condensed Light, Light, Condensed, Regular, Bold, Condensed Bold.

No medium. Although, the "Regular" looks the same to me. If you can find a Windows TTF file you can use that, though.

3. ...

Yo, I think I have that one -- mines the .dfont version for OSX only though...I think it has medium in there...you want that? I can stuffit and send it to you and you can see?

Edit: I have a fonts CD with tons of Typewriter fonts, so I'm sure I have the one you are looking for.
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

4. Hmm... Let's try it, ssb.

I copied the font file off of one of the computers and threw it in my own Font folder, but Director MX still says it's missing...

6. ...

Yo tried to hit you on IM, I went ahead and sent file stuffed with OS X version of Stuffit over to you via your e-mail address on your Web site.

It's actually called ITC American Typerwriter (but the file for the med font itself doesn't have the itc, so it should be recognized as the standard American Typerwriter medium), there are 2 versions of medium in it.

I also have the dfont version, but I don't think that has the med one you need.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"