Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox Price Drop Confirmed for U.S. (Or So It Appears)

Assuming this news is true, as long as things continue in this manner, I hereby now establish that I will not spend more than $100 for a new XBox should the time come that I actually do want one.

It seems like I won't have to wait all too terribly long.

Jay Guest
    If this ends up being true, I will definitely pick up an Xbox ASAP. JSRF WILL BE MINE!

3. I just played JSRF just a few hours ago. My Xbox rarely gets to rest. It's my dreamcast that feels neglected now, especially when I have a pile more games for it. Price drop is good so other people can start digging it, but I'm glad I didn't wait for one.

Once Morrowind hits Xbox, I doubt I'll ever shut it off again.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Originally posted by haohmaru
    Sadly, my x-box gathers dust as it awaits Shenmue II.

Don't see much of anything that interests me.

Ditto for GC.

Price is nice - dunno if that'll jump start anything without more killer apps.
    I also am waiting patiently for Shenmue II, but in the meantime, I still play the crap out of Halo, I REALLY like Spiderman, I still haven't mastered JSR Future, I'm gonna get around to finishing Blood Omen 2, and I know quite a few people who like Gunvalkyrie.

If Morrowind is a third as cool on X-Box as I've heard it is for PC, I'm gonna be a happy little monkey. Sadly, Buffy has been pushed back to like, July. Hunter : The reckoning looks kinda cool.

Don't forget that the fan favorite SMASHING DRIVE will be on X-Box May 15th!!!!!

5. If only that price were in Yen...
    -Kyo

6. Maybe it's good that I won't be able to buy a new system for at least a year. By that point, system prices should be at levels where I can justify spending the money to buy an Xbox or a GC for only a few games. Well, and maybe in that year both systems will get a few more games that I care about.

Plus, in that year, maybe the price of a Japanese PS2 will drop again as well, which is actually my biggest concern/hope.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. If you can justify owning a US PS2, you should be able to justify both GC and XB at their current prices....

8. Someone whose uncle works for an MS first-party developer told me that he guaranteed there would be no price drop. Although I doubt he would know for sure anyway.

Anyway, I could see myself dropping $200 on a Box when Orta comes out.

Although, to be honest, I could probably do without all my systems, save for my 64, and I'd hardly notice.

Another question - will MS toss its American early adopters all the freebies it bestowed on their European counterparts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.