Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghost in The Shell:Stand Alone Complex

1. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    Thanks for clearing that up. Both are small vehicles which pack fire power, correct?
    Yeah, they both seem to have all the same features except that the Tachikomas look like they have heavier armor and have more space inside for the "driver," and I don't think I've seen Tachikomas with any weapon addons like the Fuchikomas had in some pictures (i.e. Batou's with the enourmous chain gun on front). Although that doesn't nessecarily mean they can't or anything.

2. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    What does Manga do that annoys everyone so? Do they produce low quality video transfer?

I just would like to know what they're going to fuck up before they do it. Hopefully they'll give is the red carpet treatment.
    Mangle in the past has provided really low-grade DVD authoring. For instance, on Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, Mangle used an interlaced transfer -- their master for the VHS edition -- for the DVD master. The authoring company mistakenly flagged this transfer as progressive scan on the DVD. What this meant for end-users is unless you had a progressive scan player hooked up to a progressive scan monitor, the picture was interlaced once more by the DVD player. The result was a very fuzzy picture, worse than VHS. They denied that this disc was defective, since they did not want to redo the authoring job and do a recall so soon before their license for the show was up for renewal. They said there would be a new edition of it soon, but I've not seen anything come of that.

They have treated other releases in the same fashion. Anything after Perfect Blue until the new release of Ninja Scroll is suspect. Even the new Ninja Scroll isn't perfect though, since they cut off the top and bottom parts of the image on the "widescreen" edition to make it fit 16:9 (the film is in a different ratio).

Bottom line: they are incompetent, and you shouldn't buy their crap until they get it right.

3. [QUOTE=Lhadatt]Mangle in the past has provided really low-grade DVD authoring. For instance, on Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, Mangle used an interlaced transfer -- their master for the VHS edition -- for the DVD master. The authoring company mistakenly flagged this transfer as progressive scan on the DVD. What this meant for end-users is unless you had a progressive scan player hooked up to a progressive scan monitor, the picture was interlaced once more by the DVD player. The result was a very fuzzy picture, worse than VHS. They denied that this disc was defective, since they did not want to redo the authoring job and do a recall so soon before their license for the show was up for renewal. They said there would be a new edition of it soon, but I've not seen anything come of that.

QUOTE]

I JUST bought this movie on Friday. I had no idea. I fucking opened it too, even though I've yet to watch it.

Fuck, I'm putting a ban on their products as well. Thanks for the info.