Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost in The Shell:Stand Alone Complex

1. Ghost in The Shell:Stand Alone Complex

Have these been released at all yet? What can you guys tell me about it? Is Production I.G. responsible for the animation? Is the story based off of the original manga.

I saw Animenation.com selling the imports for about 50.00 a pop.

I loved the movie and the manga. Here's hoping this kicks ass.

2. Still not out yet. Story's independent, loosely based on the manga (Tachikomas are there). Already on its second season in Japan (called "GITS:SAC 2nd GIG").

And yes, IG is doing the art. Check www.production-ig.com for more.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Freeter
    Still not out yet. Story's independent, loosely based on the manga (Tachikomas are there). Already on its second season in Japan (called "GITS:SAC 2nd GIG").

And yes, IG is doing the art. Check www.production-ig.com for more.

Sounds promising. Are we to be getting it at some point? That would be a sin if we didn't.

I thought they were called Fuchikomas (or something).

4. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    Sounds promising. Are we to be getting it at some point? That would be a sin if we didn't.

No definite release date as of yet, but this.

5. The series is ending up on Adult Swim in a few months

6. So it's defenitely coming. That's great. Hopefully will see it this summer.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    They're different. Fuchikomas are the more bulbous red ones and Tachikomas have a rounded rectangular housing area and are grey. I'm sure there are other differences besides visual but I don't think they ever elaborated.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    They're different. Fuchikomas are the more bulbous red ones and Tachikomas have a rounded rectangular housing area and are grey. I'm sure there are other differences besides visual but I don't think they ever elaborated.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Both are small vehicles which pack fire power, correct?

Either way it'll be cool to see them finally make an appearance.

9. The first DVD is due on June 27, 2004.

Mangle-- er, Manga Ent. and Bandai are teaming up to release it. I'm not sure why, since Mangle's not done anything significant lately other than re-releases. I'll be ok with it as long as they aren't handling the DVD encoding and pressing.

The series gets a TV run on Cartoon Network Adult Swim in July.

10. What does Manga do that annoys everyone so? Do they produce low quality video transfer?

I just would like to know what they're going to fuck up before they do it. Hopefully they'll give is the red carpet treatment.