Thread: Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

1. Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

Does anyone know if the Cat Girl Nuku Nuku series will come out on DVD? I love the animes and Ive watched the first tape so many times, its ruined.

2. I assume you mean the first OAV series. There was a second OAV series (which is almost nothing like the first and is in my opinion, almost complete garbage), and also a very wacky TV series, which I wish I could see the rest of (only seen 4 eps).

They've all been out on DVD in Japan for a long time now. I actually have the region 2 first DVD, which contains the first 3 eps. Great picture quality, but no extras.

ADV's official word on a US release has been 'eventually.' They say the fact that it wasn't dubbed is what holds it back. Of course, it's been some time that I've bothered badgering an ADV rep about this, but I'd say that it will probably come out eventually, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. ADV always has too much anime to do and takes their time in doing it.

I honestly wouldn't expect it before 2003 at the earliest.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

Well, Nuku Nuku TV's first DVD is out now.

I got to see the first episode on this months Newtype DVD. Though it wasn't perfect, I enjoyed it enough to consider giving the series a chance.

Nuku Nuku Dash and the original OVA are also already out.
    Taking it one day at a time.

4. The original OVA rules.
    NUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUN UKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNU KUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKUNUKU

5. Thanks for bumping the thread. I picked up the first DVD today even though I've already seen all the eps on it about a dozen times. It's a pretty old series so there's basically no extras and the transfer quality is pretty muted and not crisp like a newer release.

Watched the first episode dubbed and it's an okay dub. It didn't make me switch to the Japanese voices which is always a good sign and the VAs will probably get more comfortable with the roles as the series progresses.

I love the series so overall I'm happy with it. I wish the video quality was better, but that's probably impossible with an older series like this.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. The TV series aired in 1996-97? I remember it being shown at Otakon 1997...though I missed it (still bitter).