Thread: Pixel Portrait

1. Pixel Portrait

I've been doing alot of pixel graphics lately, mostly gba sprites and tiles, and I decided to take a slight deviation and pixel a portrait, just for practice. This is 100% pixel paint, just the basic pencil tool used. It's a little messed up, and I'm still considering it a work in progress, but I kinda like where it's at right now so I'm gonna post it before I ruin it.

And since it's a pixel drawing, the traditional zoomed view:

2. Pretty good. Is it Audrey Hepburn?

3. No silly, its Charles Bronson.

Pretty cool pixel art, I want to get into something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Pretty good. Is it Audrey Hepburn?
    bingo. I wanted to do a black and white portrait, so I picked the first black and white film star that popped into my head.

I'm doing one more portrait now, that, if all goes well, will be quite alot cooler (little more eaning to the subject, too). This was a practice run.

5. I think it looks awsome. The only thing that pops out at me is the nose. It looks a little rough, but thats why its a WIP. Pretty damn good, if you ask me. Have you ever tried Illustrator? You could get the same effect in about 1/10 the time. Props d00d. Looks killer!!
    noktUp(teenSlut)

Mrs. Cleo: "Is there a gentleman in your life?"
    Caller: "Yes."
    Mrs. Cleo: "Is he incarcerated?"
    Caller: "Yes."
    Mrs. Cleo: "Yea, him your baby's daddy."

6. Quote Originally Posted by NoktUp
    Have you ever tried Illustrator? You could get the same effect in about 1/10 the time.
    Yeah, I have illustrator, but I'm A) not very good at it, and B) made this picture solely to practice my pixel pushing. It's more about challenging myself to work within the medium than choosing the fastest way to do a picture.

Besides, it really didn't take all that long anyway.

7. do a google search for "illustrator tutorials" and the first result is this place called Dan's Sketchpad. Very useful starting point for learning Illustrator. I hated pen tools until I tried the site's exercises; now I love the tool to no end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    do a google search for "illustrator tutorials" and the first result is this place called Dan's Sketchpad. Very useful starting point for learning Illustrator. I hated pen tools until I tried the site's exercises; now I love the tool to no end.
    Again, it's an excercise. I did it this way because it's a challenge and I want to improve my pixel skills (and to a lesser extent my ability to draw faces). It's more about process than product.