Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jumping Flash

Jumping Flash

I love these FPS/Platform games. The first game was especially impressive in 1995 because there was nothing else like it at the time.

Anyone played the third game Robbit Mon Dieu?

2. there was a third jumping flash game?
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

The third game isn't the same type of game unfortunately. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's a strategy game.

4. Re: Jumping Flash

Ah yes! This series doesn't get any love. It was Sony's initial answer to Mario, but after Crash Bandicoot came, they decided to drop the ball on him. That's a shame too, because I find the Jumping Flash series to be more enjoyable. They didn't even bothered at releasing Robbit Mon Dieu in America.

While we're talking robot rabbits I would like to give praise to the highly underrated game by Video System called Rabbit Punch/Rabio Lepus.

6. When the Playstation came out, it was useful as a doorstop, or maybe a footrest. It was just too big to be a paperweight, though. I mean, I saw what it could do with the amazing (!!!) Battle Arena Toshinden, but I'm not enough of a fighting game fan/player to really go for it that much. So it sat under my SNES and gathered dust, and I hoped something would come along for it so I wouldn't think my money had been wasted on another 3DO, which at the time had a better line-up of games thanks to Star Control 2 and a few others.

And then I got Jumping Flash, and everything started getting better.

Oddly, I didn't really get into the sequel at all, until one weekend visiting my sister when I had a slow stretch with nothing really important to do. Sat down and played it front to back in a day.

I'd buy Jumping Flash PS2 in a heartbeat...

James

7. The only thing really bad about these games today is the dated first-gen engines (lowish framerates at times) and the limited control (no strafing, can only look straight ahead while moving, etc.). I'd love to see an update on the PS2.

Part 2 was a big improvement on part one -- it has an awesome soundtrack, too. Beating the game completely (going through it twice) will get you one of the most insane pieces of music ever heard in a video game... a full-on hawaiian/rap extravaganza sung by the major characters.

8. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    While we're talking robot rabbits I would like to give praise to the highly underrated game by Video System called Rabbit Punch/Rabio Lepus.
    Ah! Rabio Lepus. Oddly enough they removed the bunny girls and king in the American version. The American version was distributed by Bally/Midway, the same people responsible for Mortal Kombat. Okay, so saving a cute girl in a bunny leotard turns innoncent kids into perverts with no morals, but ripping the heads of badly photocopied people is a-ok? Talk about hypocrisy.

One thing I find interesting is Rabbit Punch is one of the few games that Bushnell's short-lived company Sente was involved with bringing over from Japan.

I have only played the PC Engine version myself. It's too bad NEC didn't give it a domestic release.

Grr... I can't find these games anywhere, and I really wanna try them out (my friend has it but he won't sell it ).