Thread: 21 Grams

1. 21 Grams

Just saw the DVD of this..interesting work. The intercutting of the scenes is interesting in revealing bit by bit of the film, and I'm impressed that it managed to still be coherent, but I'm wondering if it was all that necessary.

In any case, I was left scratching my head at the end...why did Sean Penn shoot himself exactly?

2. Excellent movie...I too was kind of wondering the same thing.... Should just watch it again, that part might make more sense. I liked how the movie flowed, it was an interesting route. Showing glimpses of the future then letting the story unfold. It somewhat reminded me of Memento with Guy Pierce :-)
    I guess you've learned the benifit to waiting.
    I agree, they should give people like you something. Perhaps a kick in the balls would do nicely and make you slightly less retarded.

3. Watched it a few days ago.

I had heard that Penn was the shit in it, but knew nothing about it. I assumed it was about drugs or something.

Fantastic movie and yet another case where Sean Penn shows he is the DeNiro or Pachino of his generation.

As for the ending, I think it's this:

Penn knows he's dead. He's admitted as much when he leaves the hospital, and you see him wheezing and close to death when he finally confronts Del Toro.

I think he felt that was his way out. If he didn't shoot Del Toro, she was going to kill him (or be killed by him) and fuck her life up even more than it was. Shooting himself was just speeding up his death and diffusing the situation with the least amount of damage (since Naomi Watts knew he didn't kill Del Toro and she would likely have left him for that one).

4. MVS yes that seems about the same thing I thought about the ending. Very interesting movie, one that many people should at least rent just to see it.
    I guess you've learned the benifit to waiting.
    I agree, they should give people like you something. Perhaps a kick in the balls would do nicely and make you slightly less retarded.