Thread: FINALLY something from Lorne Lanning

1. FINALLY something from Lorne Lanning

his movie that has been rumored in the works since he disbanded Oddworld as a game studio finally has a name and has begun production! but wait.....it's going to be a movie.....AND game!? apparently they haven't totally killed the idea of their games.

this news has generated a bit of the pre-cum in my pants.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/30/ci...-film-project/

Lorne Lanning has confirmed that work has begun on Citizen Siege, the new project from his Oddworld Inhabitants studio. "Citizen Siege was conceived as a game and film from the very beginning," Lanning told GamesIndustry.biz, revealing that John H. Williams will produce the CG animated feature, and Lanning himself will direct. The game concept is currently being shopped around to publishers.

Lanning is interested in merging the game and film mediums, hoping that Citizen Siege will become a reference point for future ventures. The idea is that both parts are created simultaneously, influencing each other's courses; rather than one providing the basis for the other. While doing so, it will be important for Lanning and has team to create the right distance between the game and movie. If the finished products demand consumers invest in both, Citizen Siege will have lost a huge chunk of its potential demographic; the group that exclusively watches films -- and does not play games.

2. He's so rad.

Like the Power Glove.

Hey! Ever see Grandma's Boy? Mr. Cheesel is a shoe-in for Lanning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Oddworld sucks. Abe's Oddysee was good, though.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Fuck Lorne Lanning.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. I hope he gets gang raped. By, like, black guys. With huge dongs.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. wow, i thought there would be more love here for sure.

Stranger's Wrath was absolutely awesome. On the strength of that, I'm interested in whatever game we get from him.

Doesn't mean that he isn't an asshole, though.

8. I love Space Ace.