Thread: USB headset question...

1. USB headset question...

Hey all,

I was considering getting a USB headset for my PC (probably one of the Logitech ones) for use while playing UT 2004, and I was curious whether I would be able to use said headset on a PS2 when I buy one. I'd rather not have to buy two headsets if I can at all help it...

Thanks in advance...
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

2. Quote Originally Posted by DArque Bishop
    Hey all,

I was considering getting a USB headset for my PC (probably one of the Logitech ones) for use while playing UT 2004, and I was curious whether I would be able to use said headset on a PS2 when I buy one. I'd rather not have to buy two headsets if I can at all help it...

Thanks in advance...
    I really havn't looked too much it to it lately, but I know there were many people who tried to use various PC USB heatsets for the original Socom with no luck.

3. I don't see why a PC USB headset wouldn't work with SOCOM, but I do kind of understand why the SOCOM headset wouldn't work with a PC. Drivers. It's safe to assume that the PC would need some sort of driver to process the data to/from the headset via USB port rather than it normally working by speaker/headphone out and line in.

4. The SOCOM headset works on the PC. So a PC would work on the PS2. There isnt anything special between them?

5. I guess I'll have to track down the info when I get home. I was looking into this awhile ago and seen many forums with people complaining about buying $50 PC headset that did not work on their ps2.

6. Well the Logitect PS2 headset is recognized by windows xp, i just tried it. But I couldn't get it to record anything. That might just be my lack of trying though.

7. I have the original SOCOM USB headset, I'd be willing to sell it to you if you wanted. I only played the game a few times, and never once used the headset.