Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: RGB, is it worth bothering with?

1. Hmmm, well I have a 27''I'Art JVC flat TV in my room, I bought it this summer, and I was thinking if RGB cables would be a good idea for the PS2. I have no idea if its worth it, but someone told me since my TV's brand new, it really is. Help?

2. ...

Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    Hmmm, well I have a 27''I'Art JVC flat TV in my room, I bought it this summer, and I was thinking if RGB cables would be a good idea for the PS2. I have no idea if its worth it, but someone told me since my TV's brand new, it really is. Help?
    Well you could go component and just buy them at a store like Circuit City, but RGB is specifically for RGB monitors -- most standard TVs do not have RGB connections, except some older Sony, Zenith, and Mitsubishi models (and some others).

Matt, so how much would said cable be for me and could I use it on my 19 inch Sony RGB monitor?

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. Some newer TVs have been coming out with a connection called RGB, but it's not exactly the same thing being talked about in this thread. I believe that these RGB connections are actually VGA, and you would probably only find them on higher-end TVs. Someone else can probably post more about this than I can; I just thought I'd clarify in case DjRocca had a new TV with an "RGB" connection.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    Well you could go component and just buy them at a store like Circuit City, but RGB is specifically for RGB monitors -- most standard TVs do not have RGB connections, except some older Sony, Zenith, and Mitsubishi models (and some others).

ssb
    The I'Art TV I have has a component input in the back, and I was thinking of getting one for my PS2. Already, the picture quality is good, but I wanted to know if it was really worth it. I think cka or MechDeus got RGB cables recently, wonder what they think.

5. Arg, my sister has a I'Art tv. Those things are niiiiiiice, even if they're projection.

edit - real nice for watching movies and playing ninja gaiden on.

6. ...

Quote Originally Posted by flux=rad
    Some newer TVs have been coming out with a connection called RGB, but it's not exactly the same thing being talked about in this thread. I believe that these RGB connections are actually VGA, and you would probably only find them on higher-end TVs. Someone else can probably post more about this than I can; I just thought I'd clarify in case DjRocca had a new TV with an "RGB" connection.
    oh yeah, VGA is RGB, but the RGB that you are thinking of...there's low res and high res RGB. The iArt probably has hi-res RGB aka VGA. And if that is the case, the X2VGA for Xbox and a custom cable VGA cord for the Cube will do nicely. My Zenith HDTV has an RGB port but it won't take low res RGB, but it works in 640*480 mode for VGA inputs...

There is a VGA box for the PS2 or you could stick with component, which is about the best you are going to get for PS2. If your TV can take low res (15 khz) RGB then yes get a custom cable for the Cube and PS2 and other systems, cause it will look really nice. For instance, my Cube cable works with VGA games that support progressive scan and with my RGB monitor for games that do not...

Hope this helps.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"