Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime Reviews

1. Anime Reviews

I can't stand any of the anime publications on the market. I was wondering if you guys knew of any websites with well-written, fair reviews.

Thanks

2. Point Blank anime reviews:
    http://www.point-blank.cc/

Cover commerical stuff and fansubs. Not the most up to date, but good, concise reviews.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. animeondvd.com gives me mixed impressions. On the one hand, I appreciate his approach to detail on things as inconsequential sounding as the cover art, but on the other hand his taste baffles me. Who can enjoy Now and Then, Here and There on the same level as Nazca? Only Chris Beveridge.

I usually use animeondvd.com too. Though I don't think I've ever seen a negative review from them, they do give me a good idea of whether I'll like something or not thanks to the detail.
    Taking it one day at a time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Brotherman
    I usually use animeondvd.com too. Though I don't think I've ever seen a negative review from them, they do give me a good idea of whether I'll like something or not thanks to the detail.
    That must be what it is. He goes way too soft on many of the releases that are nothing more than steaming turds. He even gave Genma Wars the courtesy of a C-. Ever SEE Genma wars?

6. I stopped using animeondvd.com a while back because:
    1) I can't agree with the tastes of any of the reviews.
    2) They don't provide decent factual information.

Essentially, I found them to be a complete waste of time. I get more from reading the short blurbs about the titles on the online stores I buy them from.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. Now that I think about it, I used Akadot.com's anime reviews for a little while. The guy seemed more merciless on the crap, and had a humorous slant on almost any review he wrote. I haven't been there in a while, though, so who knows what he's updated with.

8. I hate animeondvd reviews.... if it doesn't have an extremely deep plot, he calls it "guilty pleasure". Also saying stuff like .. this show almost passed as a guilty pleasure, I don't know if I will consider this show a guilty pleasure, yada yada yada. If it's good, its good. It's not like they have tentacles flying everywhere.

9. Chris Buttridge loves everything, unless it's Sprited Away (he gave it a C or C-)

10. Looks like it's tough for all of us to find decent reviews anywhere. PLAY magazine loves just abouty anything. Animerica just blows.