Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SONY says NO price drop.....hmmm....

TheSCHLONG! Guest

SONY says NO price drop.....hmmm....

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/358/358880p1.html

odd. i wonder how long they take this stance.

Huh? I could have sworn Sony said they would drop the price at E3...?

Besides, who cares if they don't need to drop the price, the longer they have competition the worse off they are.

3. Well, now Sony is just being stupid. A more powerful console that will cost less...now theyre sort of starting to dig their own grave.
    TeamGO!
    Project Raven Discussion
    http://pub66.ezboard.com/bteamgo
    Come sign up on TeamGo's boards. Express what you think TeamGo's game should be like.

4. The single most stupid thing Sony could do... and if your the type of person who listens to GI - PS3 is just around the corner.

2003 they say - too soon to be true :/

ºTracer
    o_O

5. Sony doesn't need to drop their price for PS2. If you see the sales figures, they are still doing VERY well at $300. From what I've heard, Sony lost alot from every other division(movies, household/portable electronics, etc.,) EXCEPT videogames. It's an easy way to compensate for their losses. Even if Nintendo and Microsoft drop their prices, I believe PS2 will still remain a strong competitor. This statement doesn't reflect my feelings toward Sony, though. Most of their shit breaks a day after their warranty ends.... Cheap bastards.
    ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA

6. Originally posted by Richter
    Well, now Sony is just being stupid. A more powerful console that will cost less...now theyre sort of starting to dig their own grave.
    There already is a more powerful console tht costs less. Gamecube anyone? People talk as if it doesn't exist sometimes.

7. Originally posted by stormy

There already is a more powerful console tht costs less. Gamecube anyone? People talk as if it doesn't exist sometimes.
    Massive hype = PS2

The sales speaks for its self.
    ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA

8. If true: Typical, Sony has succeeded despite their own stupidity the entire time with PS2. I think they will still sell plenty of systems, like normal, even though they don't deserve to, like normal.

If untrue: Those sneaky bastards letting the other guys get their guard down so they drop 1st, just to go back on this news and go undercut them.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    Originally posted by fiend_of_rejections
    Sony doesn't need to drop their price for PS2. If you see the sales figures, they are still doing VERY well at $300. From what I've heard, Sony lost alot from every other division(movies, household/portable electronics, etc.,) EXCEPT videogames. It's an easy way to compensate for their losses. Even if Nintendo and Microsoft drop their prices, I believe PS2 will still remain a strong competitor. This statement doesn't reflect my feelings toward Sony, though. Most of their shit breaks a day after their warranty ends.... Cheap bastards.
    yeah theyre doing very well NOW.....but $100 does cause people to say "to hell with the fact that there's a shit load more games out for the ps2". remember...people are lemmings. the only reason they're paying $300 now is because they have to. when they see that their beloved ps2 is now overpriced im sure the mailboxes of SONY corp will become quite full.

Jay Guest
    Sony can keep the price at $300 without worry until the HDD and Network Adapter launch. These things will probably add a good $150 to the cost of a fully-featured PS2. While the Xbox, which is only $300, has all of these things right out the box. Now what is a consumer to do... Pay more for the same tools (theory), or play less... Toughie.