Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SONY says NO price drop.....hmmm....

1. yea, when did losing money become a smart business move? to me thats more like a business risk

2. Alright, this whole "loosing money is a bad buisness idea" thing is kinda off kilter. Firstly, Sony is the one who initiated the whole, "razor(Gilette sells you that Mach3 razor at a loss, and makes up for it in thier over priced replacement blades.)" buisness strategy within the gaming industry. IIRC, PSX was the first system to be sold at a loss. MS is just playing the game just as much as Sony did when THEY were the newcomer. Problem is, getting in first place seems to make people think they can relax. Companies still advertise the hell out of thier product, even when they are in the lead. Sony may be in the lead, but that doesnt mean they can sell a product for more and get away with it. Im not much of a buisness man, and Im not proclaiming to be. Just saying what I think seems logical.

Dont put on your dancing shoes if you arent ready to tango~
    Z-roe
    A is for action

3. Originally posted by bandit
    yea, when did losing money become a smart business move? to me thats more like a business risk
    Every respectable businessman on the planet will tell you that without risk, there is no success.

~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

4. Originally posted by Quinn Fox

Every respectable businessman on the planet will tell you that without risk, there is no success.

~Quinn
    yes i know..just the business is a risk..but losing money isnt a smart business move especially if you are losing money already

5. I can agree with that.

~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

6. Loseing Money - Or investing in the long term? Say Gates can spend LOTs of money to get more Xboxes out there. That to establish a brand name and further the Xbox brand venture. The Xbox itself might not make up the diffrence when it is all said and done - but Xbox 2 might and so on. It's about 2 things, secureing thier place in a solid and profitable industry and keeping the likes of Sony and AOL out of thier other pies so to speak. NO ONE here can say exactly what MS is after. But I can assure you - if billions are poured into Xbox - it is not for single vision. You all treat it that way.

ºTracer
    o_O

7. if billions are poured into the xbox and the box goes ca-put..i gotta give ms a big handshake for taking such a huge risk. but i understand and believe completely with what you say tracerbullet. even tho they might or are trying to build a brand name..money and profit isnt far behind from their mind.

isnt that what companies number 1 goal is? earnings?