Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KOF 2K2 PS2

1. Gamestop has KoF O2 as coming to Xbox in september i think

take that with a grain of salt though
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    You wouldn't be able to tell anyway- the textures for the stages are nearly identical to the original ones. The only way to tell that they are in 3D is when the screen is scrolling. The difference is only marginal...

One cool thing is that the sprites are affected by the lighting of the stage. For instance, during dusk stages, the sprites are tinted to reflect the setting sun.

I just read on Gamefaqs (yes, I know) that SCEA has officially rejected KOF 2002. It looks like the only way we may get a US PS2 release would be for it to appear as a double-pack with 2003...
    Ah so it's like the 2001 port? That's cool.

And Sony can suck it.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

3. Is SNK USA going to continue screwing with the games like they did with the PS2 KOF2k/2k1 pack? Also, any word on 2k2 being Live compatible?

4. KOF02/03 would make for an excellent double-pack...and a possibility due to the upcoming Street Fighter anniversary collection.

Rumor has it that KOF2K2 will be playable on Live...here's hoping.

5. If it is Live, it will be very tempting. But I doubt this will happen at all. They should do it for 03, but even that I doubt.

News

Check this thread for some screens of it in action and movies with the new stages. Plus it has some gameplay info about the game and extra characters (Geese, Orochi Iori, Geonitz, King and Shingo).

With an X-Box port coming out soon, I should be able to grab the extra characters' select, win and lifebar portraits!

7. Quote Originally Posted by VX
    Side Note:

That Highway-2-Hell guys signature is amazing.