Thread: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance -XB, PS2, PC

Andy787 Guest

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance -XB, PS2, PC

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/358/358939p1.html

May 09, 2002 - As part of its most recent financial report, Konami of Japan revealed that the next MGS game will be entitled Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and be developed for PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. The release includes specific news of major new titles, including "a second and third original title to follow on our Metal Gear Solid series," and "new original titles" bearing the Z.O.E brand.
    Titles derived from the Metal Gear Solid series are to be released for multiple platforms, although the report seems to distinguish between "sequels" and "derivative titles." New sequels in the series are to be released every two years. Meanwhile, new games in the Zone of Enders franchise are being developed with worldwide release expressly in mind.

Aside from those major announcements, the release indicates plans to continue Konami JPN's successful exploitation of character-based franchises, including Konami's own Yu-Gi-Oh franchise and anime licenses such as Hikaru no Go and Tennis no Oji-sama, to produce titles for Gamecube, PlayStation, and Game Boy Advance. Altogether, the company plans to release 49 titles in the fiscal year ending March 2003.

Look forward to further news on Konami JPN's future plans, particularly new Metal Gear Solid and Z.O.E games, at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo.
    So people can stop with the 'MGS isn't coming to Xbox' now Anyway, I'm quite interested to know what else is added to this version, and I hope it sells some Xboxes of course

TheSCHLONG! Guest

Jay Guest
    Great news Andy.

4. bleh... it'll sell some Xboxes i guess...that's about the best thing I can say...

5. One of the few good things about not owning a PS2, Xbox, or GC: don't have to worry about buying a game that will get a rerelease with minor upgrades 6 months later. I hate this practice to no end. *-neo

6. Originally posted by neoalphazero
    One of the few good things about not owning a PS2, Xbox, or GC: don't have to worry about buying a game that will get a rerelease with minor upgrades 6 months later. I hate this practice to no end. *-neo
    I'm affraid that Konami might be becoming another Capcom. First the constant flavors of Bemani games, then they make MGS Integral (even though they only released the VR portion in America), then Silent Hill 2: Restless Dream is ported to the PS2 and now MGS2 Substance.