Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you spend your pay on?

1. What do you spend your pay on?

A few weeks ago, I got really bummed out because I realised that after 6 months of work or so, I had jack shit to show for it. I mean, I don't earn very much, roughly $800 AUD a fortnight, but all I have bought thats really worth while is a great bass amp, for around $1400. Then I noticed that I can afford nice, big items with each pay check, so I think I'll start buying things like that instead of throwing it away on little crap like CD's, DVD's, Food, Alcohol, etc. I bought a fretless bass with my last paycheck, and its awesome. Next pay check I think I'm gonna get a cheap 68cm flatscreen TV (fully guaranteed factory seconds, only $500 AUD!), and probably save the rest to combine with my next pay check to get an awesome stereo, then after that, who knows? a drumkit maybe? actually, I think a laptop is on the horizon.

What do you spend your pay on?

oh and it should be obvious, I have virtually no financial obligations yet, so I'm free to spend the majority of my pay on whatever I want.

2. *shrug* You're never too young to start saving.

3. I make enough to live off of, plus an extra @$100 a month. Except that extra cash isn't nearly enough to cover all my debts (hospital, mostly) so I really don't have any pay to spend. Hence why I've been trading in videogames lately, because all my spare cash is nil.

Yeah, not having money kinda sucks.

4. Be smart. Put aside some money and open up a savings account (hopefully, you already have a bank account). Games are great and all; when your young without a care in the world, material possessions is usually all you're thinking about.

Mech: Get a job ya bum!

5. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    Mech: Get a job ya bum!
    Where do you think this comes from:
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I make enough to live off of, plus an extra @$100 a month.
    If you would care to offer me a better paying job (correction: job with more hours) be my guest.

nothing, I'm a jobless college student that is to stupid to have a job and be able to pass his classes.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Where do you think this comes from:If you would care to offer me a better paying job (correction: job with more hours) be my guest.
    I have a job for you, all you have to do is drop me a line via AIM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    nothing, I'm a jobless college student that is to stupid to have a job and be able to pass his classes.
    Ditto. But it's my last year in University now, woohoo!
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. Eh... im in a pretty shitty bind at the moment.

I have a fantastically paid job for my age (about £1200 a month) but up until I sorted it out a week or so ago I was paying around £250 tax, 90-odd quid national insurance, £240 board (very bad... i could get a mortgage for the same amount >.>) AND, to top it all off, the people who we rent our house from sees me as the only non-dependant in the household so im forking out the entire fortnightly rent and backlog equaling around another £300... i need to pay another £200+ to visit my girlfriend in London each month as well, leaving just enough to pay for my broadband, phone and obligatory games magazine subcription.

Life hates me. :'(