Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micro$oft pwned by Europeans.

1. Maybe this'll add better game support for games running on other OS systems, like apple or linux.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. Man, people that spell microsoft with a $ are sooooo cool.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    Maybe this'll add better game support for games running on other OS systems, like apple or linux.
    Not a chance.

The only thing that will do this is if WINE or one of the other UNIX/Linux Windows emulation/API libraries figure out DirectX support.

4. I heard Bill Gates sacrifices three kittens a day for his bloodlust, you know it's true.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

lithium Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by negitoro
    What I like is how the guy from Real was praising the decision... when actually I think Realmedia sucks even more than Media Player.
    Realplayer is steaming pile of shit that's not getting anywhere near any of my computers. Windows Media isn't that bad. And then there's Quicktime and various other competitors.

As usual these governments and the like pick the wrong battles. They should really be concerned with things like how MS destroyed Be Inc illegally, how MS bullies companies into not installing any other OS on their machines (see Toshiba and Dell), also illegal, and how Windows builtins are unfairly damaging little guys like WinZip, potentially illegal (same as the Windows Media case just more confined).

6. Quote Originally Posted by lithium
    Realplayer is steaming pile of shit that's not getting anywhere near any of my computers. Windows Media isn't that bad. And then there's Quicktime and various other competitors.
    For mac support, Windows Media Player is much MUCH worse than Real. VLC and quicktime (if you have divx installed) are the way to go at the moment.

James

7. Microsoft should be shafted for it's dealings with hardware manufacturers, not it's software bundling. Microsoft isn't forcing anyone to use WMP, if Real Networks didn't write such shitty software then they wouldn't be in their current position. I'm surprised they didn't go after IE, it's pretty well integrated into the OS.