Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micro$oft pwned by Europeans.

1. Micro$oft pwned by Europeans.

About time someone reminded them there are laws to obey.
    The European Union slapped Microsoft Corp. with a record fine Wednesday for violating EU antitrust law and ordered the world's largest software company to take immediate steps to stop some of its competitive practices.
    The Link™

James

lithium Guest
    You left out the best part. The WMP and $600 million isn't that big a deal (relatively speaking), being forced to release source code to competitors, that's pretty big. I'm guessing Sun, HP, IBM and some European Linux distros will get a peak. Should be interesting.

And for crissakes people, dollar signs for 'S'es? Does it get any more trite than that? That was funny like 10 years ago.

3. Miçro$haft $ue$ DaQuake for $'ng their $illy name.

Quote Originally Posted by lithium
    You left out the best part. The WMP and $600 million isn't that big a deal (relatively speaking), being forced to release source code to competitors, that's pretty big.
    You're right, wow, I didn't even read that far. (at work) Even better woot!

Quote Originally Posted by lithium
    And for crissakes people, dollar signs for 'S'es? Does it get any more trite than that? That was funny like 10 years ago.
    I don't use it to be funny. Funny would be calling them Microshaft or MoneySoft, or just including a picture of the monopoly guy in every post. The $'s are just a personal touch that I will continue using for as long as I see fit.... yeah. Period.

4. Quote Originally Posted by lithium
    You left out the best part. The WMP and $600 million isn't that big a deal (relatively speaking), being forced to release source code to competitors, that's pretty big.
    That's a real big issue right there, it's not open-source for public use and it's going to do alot of damage to MS in general.

If I were Bill Gates, I'd be fighting tooth and nail to contain it, even if it means risking jail time.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

5. Screw 'em. Maybe this will force them to start improving their software so that users will actually CHOOSE to use it as opposed to forcing them. Plus, some other people will be able to improve upon IE or something.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    some other people will be able to improve upon IE

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf

Jus' doin' my job.

8. What I like is how the guy from Real was praising the decision... when actually I think Realmedia sucks even more than Media Player.

9. VLC doesn't suck, though.

10. VLC = neato.

Cross-platform too.